Community Question | Do You Still Regularly Play 'Old' Sims?

Until recently I enjoyed many races with the good Nascar Racing 2003, and until last year I still had the Grand Prix Legends and the first rFactor, currently my oldest sim is the Automobilista and the Assetto Corsa, they are not of the latest generation but I can say that are current. Some mods from Assetto Corsa have replaced my favorite games, like the RSS GT or the GPL mod which I think is great and gives me the experience I enjoyed in these other games.

My most recent experience of an old sim was driving at Spa in Grand Prix Legends, the updated version of the track. It's amazing. If all tracks were updated to the same standard, I'd go back more often. The way that game really stays with me, though, is that when I'm driving classic formula cars, especially, it's what I tend to compare any more recent game to. The only quote-unquote modern game that gets it right is, for me, rFactor 2. It feels right the way GPL does. That's the highest praise I can give to a game. It's highly subjective, of course.

Absolutel yes.
GPL is thé King .

But I play regularly with all the sim I have on my hard dis.
RBR, nascar 2003, gtr, gtr2, rfactor, netkar pro, .....

So many great titles and not enough time !

I will propably always play GTR2, I love it for all the older cars and endless list of tracks. I think I have most mods ever made from all over the internet. :D I got Race 07 with most good mods as well but I play GTR2 more. I recently got AMS 1 and it's very much like these old games, it's the same engine after all, it even has that bug with disappearing controller vibration I never found a fix for. (if I play on a Xbox One gamepad and restart a race I lose vibration) I'm a fan of 1990s-2000s motorsports and those old games have a lot to offer in this regard.

Last edited:
Recently been playing F1-2002 GTR2002 Mod and the F1-99-02 SCC Mod. I do have the first F1-2001 GT mod done by SimBin when Ian Bell hosted the same named website but haven't installed it. Been playing GTR a fair bit but mostly use GTR2.

Regards

Barry

[CITAÇÃO = "Paul Jeffrey, post: 3216163, membro: 5132"]
A Sim Racing já existe há algum tempo, e alguns clássicos dourados realmente capturaram a imaginação há mais de 10 anos - mas algum deles ainda desfruta de tempo de jogo regular nas corridas de simulação do dia-a-dia?

Tenho certeza de que, se você estava por perto na época, muitos de vocês que estão lendo este artigo desfrutaram de uma lapidação em clássicos como F1 Legends, GTL, GTR2, Race 07 e similares - mas, por melhores que fossem na época, você ainda dando algum tempo de jogo regular em 2020?

[MÍDIA = youtube] 65w3CYjBClU [/ MÍDIA]
[MÍDIA = youtube] qaFJMxNouhk [/ MÍDIA]

Admito que já faz um tempo desde a última vez que lancei um desses clássicos, mas como você pode ver no vídeo acima, a última vez que fiz, foi uma experiência surpreendentemente agradável.

Então, minha pergunta para todos vocês é: como várias músicas antigas de ouro ainda aproveitando algum tempo de jogo em suas plataformas modernas e, se sim, quais e por quê?

Deixe suas opiniões na seção de comentários abaixo.

[ATTACH = cheio] 383995 [/ ATTACH]
[/ CITAR] [/ CITAÇÕES]

Jogo ate hoje, Race 07 e GTR 2, são jogos maravilhosos, mesmo tendo tanto tempo de seu lançamento ainda tem uma das melhores jogabilidades do gênero, estou aguardando ansioso pra o lançamento do GTR 3.

Oke, here comes my collection. I just try to figured out what game I should buy next, or do I need any more games? Please note that I also have a few old pirate versions like Colin McRae Rally, Geoff Crammond GP2 & GP4, few of Need for Speed games etc so almost all important games tested.

Steam
Collection0_Steam.jpg

DVD
Collection1_DVD.jpg

CD
Collection2_CD.jpg

Yes I also believe that I have all the best owned and tested, but AMS1 still missing? Games I won't buy -> ACC and AMS1 and AMS2. Don't know why but that's it is.

Anyway, as you can see I have a plenty of experience what comes to sim racing so I can declare the winner!

And the winner is: GTR2, congratulations Simbin!!!

Bonus: less than 1 week old GTR2 video created by me, you can see that this game is still so good, it's still the BEST ever. Developers, please show me something new that blows my mind (but please not TNT, C4 or dynamite) so I will buy it immediately, thanks.

GTR2 video:

Games I won't buy -> ACC and AMS1 and AMS2. Don't know why but that's it is.
Literally three the best racing games out there :roflmao:
oh kimo kimo....
you're joking, right ? :geek:

and btw,
you're hyperventilating, gtr2 is good but it can't be "the best" overall c'mon...
it's just too old. sorry.

btw2
pirate games you say huh
giphy.gif

Oke, here comes my collection. I just try to figured out what game I should buy next, or do I need any more games? Please note that I also have a few old pirate versions like Colin McRae Rally, Geoff Crammond GP2 & GP4, few of Need for Speed games etc so almost all important games tested.

Steam
View attachment 391742

DVD
View attachment 391743

CD
View attachment 391744

Yes I also believe that I have all the best owned and tested, but AMS1 still missing? Games I won't buy -> ACC and AMS1 and AMS2. Don't know why but that's it is.

Anyway, as you can see I have a plenty of experience what comes to sim racing so I can declare the winner!

And the winner is: GTR2, congratulations Simbin!!!

Bonus: less than 1 week old GTR2 video created by me, you can see that this game is still so good, it's still the BEST ever. Developers, please show me something new that blows my mind (but please not TNT, C4 or dynamite) so I will buy it immediately, thanks.

GTR2 video:

Ah GP3, that was probably best one of all 4 (+data) releases, i still have the full manuall aswell as the big box. lovely game and it is a shame we no longer get Geoff Carmmond's games.

Sure, I'm still playing Richard Burns Rally and Colin McRae Rally 2.0

I also love the CanAm and 50s F1 Mods for Grand Prix Legends or the Power and Glory mod for GTR2.

Yes, GTR2, with mods, new tracks and series. I'm driving the 1985 F1 Pack, it's a beuty. With the 2003 and 2004 GT championship, i have 1970 and 85s F1 Seasons, plus a Le Mans clasic pack. GTR2 looks, and feels very good close to the other sims in my laptop: PC2 and AC. And just get rid of FM7, a very bad choice when i, fooly, waste my money in that sim of a sim, 99GB of space.
I'm 64.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing