Community Question | Do You Still Regularly Play 'Old' Sims?

I am still racing Grand Prix Legends (GPL) with GPLRACER league every Tuesday. :) www.gplracer.de

Recently I have also driven Live for Speed (LfS) again for some online pick up racing.

Every now and then I also fire up GT Legends (GTL).

But I do of course also enjoy modern sims like Automobilista 2 (AMS2), Assetto Corsa (AC), Assetto Corsa Competizione (ACC), RaceRoom, Dirt Rally 2.0, ... and not to forget Wreckfest (sim-cade) and SnowRunner, European Truck Simulator (ETS), American Truck Simulator (AMS), ...

I play GT Legends and Race 07 from time to time, but none of them recognize my G27, so I play less everytime.

I think that became a general problem during an extensive Windows 10 upgrade some 6-8 months ago.

Did you try without the Logitec Profiler software?

All my G27 issues in both GTL, GTR2, PnG, WTCC, Race07 STCC instantly dissapeared when I ensured the Logitech Profiler was not running as a background process.

In addition I've discovered an almost "Direct Drive-like" full FFB strength when uninstalling G27 config-add mods in both older Simbin games and rF1.

Last edited:
GT Legends every now and then.. Same time hoping that there should be a new version for some day, hoping to see these beautiful old manual cars in their full glory.. Missing cars without any fancy stuff.. manual gearbox etc..

What are the must have mods for GTR2?

Depends on your personal preferences.
Some would say the 10th Anniversary PATCH and the HQ MODS COLLECTION.
That will be a good start bringing the 'old sim' somehow up-to-date.
However, for me GTR2 is a far more than the "standard package", so I rarely use those celebration mods. But don't get me started, think I've tried most mods downloaded from the nogripracing site drivingitalia, sim-communities like virtua-LM, etc. since one of the first mods was available.

Choice of mod depends IMHO quite on your temper. I like both endurance classic sports car racing at old classsics like Targa Florio (don't forget the 4Gb Patch for large and detailed circuits), SCAA Trans-Am 1968-1971 for tracks like Riverside, the Group C mod with the Lancia LC2 and Porsche 956 for Nordschleife racing (Nordschleife v1_00 by 'DutchDevil' is the best version here IMHO) and more modern close racing at e.g. Daytona RC with e.g. the DP08 mod package, or one of the Le Mans 24hour track mods added with your personal car pick from prototypes and GT-cars (easily added in *gdb files in the GameData folder). Or the GT 500 package at the 2012 Suzuka track mod. Just to mention some random pics out of a big ocean.

My best suggestion for you will be- try the mods out yourself and find your personal preferences. And use as well Youtube to search for a possible mod link, since far from all mods are at official sites as this one.

Whoa! I almost forgot the elephant in the closet: Power & Glory ver. 3.2
But again, if you don't like classic car racing it's maybe not for you - but most comprehensive mod for any sim game to date, I think.

Last edited:
RBR2 - only because there's still nothing that gets close. Given the amount of circuits you can run in AC and the just-sufficient quantity of high-quality car mods, there's nothing to draw me back into any of the other older ones.

Well I have VR and I always said, No VR No Buy. But since I have my triple 1440p setup I hardly put on my VR. Yes VR is more immersive but for me it is uncomfortable after a few hours. Plus I miss the hardware which surrounds me, like button boxes, extra screens(tablets) etc. And best thing in pancake mode the visuals are so great. So No VR No Buy does not count anymore.
love to play AMS1 als on “old” sim.

"After a few hours"...ha, well, that may explain why it's never been a problem with me! At my life stage - kids, work, house chores, etc - I can easily count on one hand how many times over the last ~10 yrs I've raced for "a few hours" in a single sitting I'm lucky to get a few hours in over the course of a week! :laugh:

Are you trying to run it from a disc? There is the possibility of downloading the official patched GP4 as a folder that you can just launch through your desktop, without going through the installation process.
Let me know if you are interested. :)
Sometime ago I followed instructions online to run GP4 but was not successful so any help you could be would be appreciated.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%