Community Question | Best Racing Game of All Time?

Best racing game in history?....umm thats difficult..i will leave that to the experts but ...I know the answer of other similar question:

what is the game that its taking longer in developing the UI and multiplayer in simracing history?...Geesus!

Caution: Dont look down if you dont want to guess the answer of the question above..

PD: Where the heck is the S397 April Roadmap? Geesus is Seventeen of the month! And please dont tell me the quarantine, they are living in quarantine mode last years!

PD2: I know what will be the next cars developed by S397,! Want to know, uh? Yeah, a Porsche or two Porsches, probably Porsche Gt5 and Porsche Gt6, and the they will take the McLaren GT3 and will make a McLaren Cup GT5 Series, that will be epic! And then the Lambo series? Got that?

Come on S397, come on, there are some clients out here waiting more from you!

Ok, I just changed my mind..Best Racing game in history? Without a doubt... R-factor 2! Yeah! Not perfect but they are working on the UI and the multiplayer competition system!

Grand Prix 1. GC's masterpiece. I can still remember getting it the day it came out on my Amiga, unboxing the floppy and boom!, a power cut for the rest of the evening :) It seems crazy that we used to race with joysticks in those days :) :) :)

My vote goes to Nascar Racing Season 2003. Still kicking after more than 17 years after the release and is still best overall Nascar game ever. With mods it is amazing, but just having the base game and some high res texture pack for original Cup cars, you are good to go.

Grand Prix Legends comes second, I still enjoy it sometimes with my win 98 retro PC and Microsoft Sidewinder FFB wheel.

graphics:assetto corsa for their naturalness....forcefeddback:a mix with assetto in kerbs and acceleration physics.Raceroom in curvs physics and effects,traccion effects,slip tyres,abs effects....and Project car 2 in braking physics.......maybe perfection comes when these effects merge

As much as I love rFactor2, I have to go with GTR2. It's the complete package in sim racing.
With some minor tweaks the graphics and physics are excellent even by today's standards. Not "rFactor2 excellent", but considering GTR2's age it is phenomenal. Massively ahead of its time upon release.

I still have the original retail version installed (not the neutered Steam version, thankfully) and to this very day I still use it regularly. It has been the only race sim where I competed and finished full championships against the AI and, again, it's still something I do now.

Interesting that there is so much love for GTR 2, But pretty much none for Pcars 1/2. Seems they missed their target market entirely.

And I don't think I have seen a single mention of iRacing....

If you think their target market was active RD posters then yes, but sales of 3 million copies of PC1 for example would seem to indicate in reality they did reach their target audience.

The same goes for iRacing. There are more people racing in iRacing each day than any other sim but RD just doesn't reflect this.

So which title would I choose? I've been playing racing sims since Crammonds Grand Prix on the Amiga. This series must be in the running. GP2 was my favourite. I'm afraid I'd moved on to GPL by the time GP3 and 4 came out and after driving sixties F1 cars couldn't adapt to driving modern F1 again.

GPL has to be a contender too. Big step forward in terms of physics and on-line play. Superb community and modding support. I was a bit late to the party not really getting into GPL until 2000 but it kept me busy until late 2005.

Then a title called GT Legends arrived. Arguably the original GTR was more groundbreaking and its more rounded and polished sequel GTR2 was the best of the ISIMotor2 generation, but for me GTL was my "best racing game of all time". It took a lot to drag me away from GPL but the amazing variety of cars on offer, fun driving physics, good AI, great sounds, superb graphics for the time, and a brilliant career mode did it for me.

first racing game that had big impact on my was RAC rallye though :) anyone remember this one?
Who doesn't but, let's face it, that game was bloody to hard to be in any "favorite list". :D
Well, I started racing simulators in 1996 ... So, my favorite simulator is Indy Car Racing II .. Incredibly, a DOS game, with a fantastic immersion ... Not to mention the fantastic attitudes from AI, they were aggressive and at the same time, cordial ... The game's proposal was wonderful ... Unforgettable, for me.
I had only a demo which has Michigan I think and Detroit:inlove: street circuits but boy... that was a blast.
Detroit is so twisty but by time you learn to love it. And that feel has never left me, still in love.
Still remember watching countless hours of replay crashing, ICR II was way ahead of it's time ! :)

No indy car in the 90ies , at all ?
Not in P1 for me. But certainly in the top of most enjoyed games for me

1) GP Series by Geoff Crammond on the PC
2) F1 Spirit by Konami on the MSX 2
3) RACE 07 by Simbin on the PC
4) Indy 500 by Papyrus on the Amiga
5) DTM Race Driver 2 by Codemasters on the PC
6) GTR2 by Simbin on the PC
7) GTL by Simbin on the PC
8) Automobilista by Reiza Studios on the PC
9) Assetto Corsa by Kunos on the PC
10a) Live for Speed on the PC