Community AI info website for AMS1, other isiMotor2 sims

Information about AI settings and parameters for isiMotor2 games (e.g. rF1, GTR 2, RACE 07, AMS 1) has long been scattered across PDF documents and forum threads or hidden in the heads of experienced modders. I recently began compiling this information into text files with the goal of creating a free-and-open-source website that could serve as an all-in-one information hub for the community.

The site is now up and running at https://sim-racing.gitlab.io/isimotor2-ai-docs/ and the GitLab project for the site is https://gitlab.com/sim-racing/isimotor2-ai-docs. Please note that the site is a work-in-progress. Many pages on the site are currently incomplete, and more pages will need to be created.

As always, a massive thank you to the RaceDepartment community and staff. :inlove: I've learned so much hanging around here, and there are some very knowledgeable and dedicated people like @jgf and @Shovas who have generously shared so much of their time and expertise. So much of what's already on the AI site has been sourced from forum posts and documents shared here on RD.

Still a great deal remains to be done, but it's been fun to get this started. :) I'm hoping knowledgeable members of the community will chip in and contribute fixes, improvements, additions, and suggestions! That's what's great about an open-source website like this one. Please feel free to post on RD and @ me or directly message me (or go through GitLab with an issue or pull request, if you know how to do that) and I'll consider adding it to the site.

Thanks for having created that site @MJQT .

I've just created a merge request for AMS1 AI setups. First time Gitlab user here!
Thanks so much for this! Haven't come back to working on the site in a little while - this is a good excuse to do so.

First time managing a Git repo for me, by the way, so I'm also learning on the go. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for having created that site @MJQT .

I've just created a merge request for AMS1 AI setups. First time Gitlab user here!
I've merged your request! Thanks again for the legwork in putting that little snippet together :) I really appreciate it. And apologies for the delay - been a busy and kinda peculiar couple weeks on my end.

Great resource, thanks!! A question, can you control the exact drivers you want to race against in AMS1? In mods with multiple liveries and drivers, its completly random which driver will appear for each team and almost always there are duplicates.
Is there a way to kind of "delete" a driver or livery from the game so it wont appear in game?

Great resource, thanks!! A question, can you control the exact drivers you want to race against in AMS1? In mods with multiple liveries and drivers, its completly random which driver will appear for each team and almost always there are duplicates.
Is there a way to kind of "delete" a driver or livery from the game so it wont appear in game?
Good question. Two ways to do this immediately come to mind. One is destructive and not advised, and the other is the proper way.

1. Delete the VEH files of the cars you don't want. Then they're gone :roflmao: Problem is, they are gone for good. This is hacky. Unless you keep backups and use a mod enabler like JSGME, I wouldn't advise this. (and even then, I wouldn't recommend it)

2. Add categories to the "Opponents" section. This requires you to look in the VEH file for each car you want to put in a new category, put a different value for "Classes" e.g. "ExtraCars" for each new category you want to create, for each "class" you put the text you want to display in the AMS UI after "OpponentFilter", then go to the SRS file for the mod and add the "Classes" identifiers you added to the VEH files and put them after "Vehicle Filter" e.g. "Vehicle Filter = OR: YourMod ExtraCars".

There sadly is no easy way to manually add and remove AI cars like in rF2. :(

This is admittedly quite off-topic to the AI site I created though, so please feel free to create your own standalone thread about this :) That would be preferable, so that this thread doesn't get cluttered with unrelated stuff.

Last edited:
I hope you are still maintaining this site. I'm a big fan of gmotor2, I still play these games today after all these years. A resource like this is invaluable.
Thank you! :) Haven't had much to add to the site recently, but it's still up, and I'll do my best to add to it as I learn more or as others share expertise with me!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing