Comment: Tell Us Your Motorsport 2017 Highlights

I have two highlights:
The first one was watching LeMans and the second one was beeing live at a race for the first time in my life. I turned 18 this year and my parents got me a car. Since they´re not interested in Motorsport I never had the chance to go to a race myself. But with my car me and my best friend went to ADAC GT Masters at the Sachsenring. It was super cool and I´m definetely gonna go there this year again :D

So many!
The entirety of MotoGP - a thrilling season.
F2 - F1 could learn a hell of a lot from that series.
Attending BSB at Oulton Park and seeing the new Triumph Moto2.
The Ulster GP - An amazing weeks racing for £30 (plus Northern Ireland is beautiful)!
(V8) Supercars as always!
Meeting racing drivers and riders thanks to my job, and following their progress.
F1 because of the cars - never watched a full race, just highlights, but I think the cars look impressive.
Formula E - my favourite series and one that always throws up a surprise - who would think that a complete rookie would lead almost the entirety of an ePrix only to spin in the last laps!

The best races I watched this year were:
Azerbaijan Grand Prix
Hong King ePrix 1
F2 Monza Feature Race
GP3 Silverstone Race 1
Every Scottish Mini Championship race

I have a few highlights for 2017.

IMSA is very strong, the format works, the classes work and in general they have a winning formula going forward. My only dislike was the heavy handed approach applied to the Caddy's to slow them down. If a team does a better job than the rest then fair enough, but halving their downforce, reducing their power, etc is too artificial in my view. Success ballast probably would've worked better as a short term solution in my view. Otherwise the racing was great in all classes and it just worked brilliantly.

GT3 and Blancpain GT is my other highlight of the year. Very strong fields, tonnes of interest from teams and the cost factor was more or less kept under control. Looking good for 2018.

Looking forward to 2018 and putting the LMP-H category to one side I think that actually WEC/Le Mans could be up for one of it's stronger years. Like most of us I thought it was going to be minimal grids this year but the amount of interest in LMP1 privater, new LMP2 teams and new GTE cars means we could actually be looking at better grids than 2017.

I'm also looking forward to 2018 Indycar, the car looks great, will be interesting to see how it works over the year.

Happy New year to everyone on RD and hope 2018 is a good year for you :)

Last edited:
It has to be ARC Bratislava getting to Le Mans (a small team of few people to get there was a big succes for them) also the whole Le Mans, first time watching it didnt regret Also Bathurst 12hour and 100 races, just looking to 2018 to see what can we see more

Whole Super GT series.

cropped-gt1701photo-001.jpg

nismo-super-gt-at-2017-motegi-photo-05-1200x800.jpg

The last 22 mins of the Zurich 24Hrs at Nurburgring, and the roller coaster for the #29 car with a horrible pit stop which leads to a miracle finish.

My best Motorsports moment 2017 was at the ninth VLN race this year. After the podium ceremony I was walking through the paddock, something I really enjoy. I saw a man drinking champagne right out the bottle, so I looked at him. Let us all admit that we all admire people like him because he must be close to one of the drivers from the podium. I guess I admired him too long, so he suddenly asked me: "You want some?" Of course I said yes. I asked him if that's really a bottle from the podium and he said yes, his son Eric Johansson finished on P2. So I drunk champagne from the podium. That really was the best moment for me this year.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back