combine paddle shifters on wheel into fanatic sequential shifter

• Thread starter Deleted member 963434
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 963434

• Deleted member 963434

Hello, my problem is i want to be able to use paddle shifters on my wheel as same button as sequential fanatic shifter SQ v1.5.
I installed program Joy to Key to simply bind paddle shifters and sequential shifter to one button. Problem is i cannot bind paddle shifter directly to seq shifter but i must bind key on keyboard for example i tried first page up for upshifting and bind it to work as both paddle shifter and seq shifter, but assetto corsa wont allow me to bind page up into upshift, so i tried then to make M letter on keyboard to work as paddle shifter and seq shifter but still assetto corsa wont allow me to bind M as upshift,.
i disconnected paddle shifters and fanatic shifter but asseotto corsa still wont allow any keyboard key to be as upshift, i also tried to check "combine with keyboard input" in AC settings but even still it dont allow any keyboard button as shifting gears.... I suppose best way would be to find another program wchich will allow me to simply bind my paddle shifter as seq shifter but dont know how to find any.. or if joy to key allows it? cause for now it seems it only allow to bind keyboard buttons into joysticks (paddle shifter and seq shifter i mean program see as joysticks)? That would be best way cause then i wont need to bind my shifting in all sims into keyboard button, i just want to bind paddle shifters into same button as fanatic seq shifter.
Somebody know program that let me do it?

I use xpadder, but it essentially does the same as joytokey but with a much friendlier ui. Unfortunately it also maps it to a keyboard stroke, and sometimes sims don't like that (AMS2 used to work fine but for some reason now it sees the button presses rather than the keyboard strokes so doesn't work...).

I think ideally you'd want some software that allows you to combine USB peripherals into one big button box seen by the computer, no idea if that's possible so let me know if you find something!

That said, since you're on fanatec you're in luck. If you go into the fanatec software there's a checkbox that combines them automatically.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 963434

I use xpadder, but it essentially does the same as joytokey but with a much friendlier ui. Unfortunately it also maps it to a keyboard stroke, and sometimes sims don't like that (AMS2 used to work fine but for some reason now it sees the button presses rather than the keyboard strokes so doesn't work...).

I think ideally you'd want some software that allows you to combine USB peripherals into one big button box seen by the computer, no idea if that's possible so let me know if you find something!

That said, since you're on fanatec you're in luck. If you go into the fanatec software there's a checkbox that combines them automatically.
no i must have fanatic wheel to have that software to combine them, im using different wheel with different paddles and fanatic shifter so i cant have this software

Upvote 0
Easy. Just map the game controls (upshift and downshift) to the keys you want. Then create an AutoHotkey script (can a be launcher for your game) that makes both the paddles and shifter send those keys. The different gaming devices are indentified by Autohotkey with numbers, for instance, joy1, joy2, etc.

Upvote 0
That's weird. I have never found a game in which I cannot remap buttons using AutoHotkey.
Yeah, it's really odd. It was working perfectly but recently it just stopped. Maybe it's an issue with xpadder, might try autohotkey again. Though the keystrokes work in notepad etc. It's like ams2 can see the device so knows the button's been pressed and registers that instead of the keystroke.

Upvote 0
Have you tried with administrative rights? Windows 10 is a nightmare with that. Most of the problems I've found have to do with administrative rights.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 963434

Easy. Just map the game controls (upshift and downshift) to the keys you want. Then create an AutoHotkey script (can a be launcher for your game) that makes both the paddles and shifter send those keys. The different gaming devices are indentified by Autohotkey with numbers, for instance, joy1, joy2, etc.
you mean autohotkey allows me to set paddles in AC for upshifting then sends signal to sequential shifter and make it work as same button? same way if i use seq shifter it make it work as paddle shifter is pressed? Or you mean i must bind keyboard key into AC cause thats what i mean AC not allows me to bind keyboard button for upshifting, to do this i must use keyboard controls but then i cant use my wheel and pedals. Problem is AC not allow to bind any keyboard button as shifter. I need program that makes when i either press paddle shifter or seq shifter it shall make it as one same button to bind in AC, like make virtual 3rd joystick, as joy1 is paddles and joy2 is seq shifter, so it must be virtual joy3 which i can bind into AC and pressing either joy1 paddle or joy2 seq button would make signal to game as it was joy3 pressed where i have binded joy3 to be shifter

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 963434

yes i found how it should be done now. we have joy1 as paddles, joy2 as seq shifter, so we need virtual joy3. pressing joy1 make game think its joy3 pressed cause button from joy1 is binded to joy3, same way pressung joy2 button makes game think its joy3 pressed. you can then bind virtual joy3 into game controls, but you can then press either joy1 or joy2 , without rebinding controls for when you want using paddles yo need to bind joy1 as shifter, but when you want have seq you must bind joy2 into controls.
Yes i found now promising software ill check Virtual Controller and vJoy and tell you if that would work.
i think i must make virtual joy3 and set joy1 paddles and joy2 shifter into that joy3 virtual button , question is do AC detect that joy3, and if that programs let me bind two buttons from two dvices into one button for that virtual joystick. As i read its suppose is to simulate joystick by mouse or keyboard but i try

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 963434

No i give up on that.
I installed vJoy just to install driver for virtual joystick, then i must have virtual controller to enable that driver and make it look as another joystick. And i still cant bind buttons from my paddles and shifter, i tried to combine joytokey with that but still you can only bind keyboard buttons into virtual joysticks. Now i think even if that would works i would need to run 3 program before i want to play any of my sim xD i think less trickier and maybe even faster solution is to just quickly bind in sim controls menu once paddles for shifting once seq shifter xD iracing has it best cause it has "controls per car" so for one car i can set paddles, for another h shifter and for another seq shifter without need to bind buttons to what i want for now.
But maybe somebody will come with good idea how to make it possible but just not using 3 programs at one time and not need to run them every time i want to play

Upvote 0
Hi I am binding both my seq shifter and paddle shifter to the same functions and have lots of success and I only use joy2key.
For AC, if you use Content manager you shouldn't have to do additional binds because you can bind two different sets of buttons for up/downshift.
For other games I see you try disconnect the paddle or the shifter. I don't think you should do that because it might fk up your USB device order. Bind both paddle shifter and seq shifter to key binds, and then bind the keyboard press (on the keyboard) to the functions.
You also should check if your joy2key is functional correctly or not. Sometimes if might not load the correct profile if you are not aware. Let me know if you have more questions.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 963434

Hi I am binding both my seq shifter and paddle shifter to the same functions and have lots of success and I only use joy2key.
For AC, if you use Content manager you shouldn't have to do additional binds because you can bind two different sets of buttons for up/downshift.
For other games I see you try disconnect the paddle or the shifter. I don't think you should do that because it might fk up your USB device order. Bind both paddle shifter and seq shifter to key binds, and then bind the keyboard press (on the keyboard) to the functions.
You also should check if your joy2key is functional correctly or not. Sometimes if might not load the correct profile if you are not aware. Let me know if you have more questions.
so content manager should solv my issue i started this thread for. about joytokey i think it will work but i didnt even check it cause i was stuck on my first sim AC so i didnt go further but i know for sure AMS, pcars2 and maybe raceroom will let me bind keyboard key for shifting. for ACC i dont use seq shifter as i always use paddles there, but only AC i cannot bind keyboard buttons but if you say content manager allow to bind two buttons for one shift i know for sure thats what will solve my issue. thanks for reply ill check it

Upvote 0
so content manager should solv my issue i started this thread for. about joytokey i think it will work but i didnt even check it cause i was stuck on my first sim AC so i didnt go further but i know for sure AMS, pcars2 and maybe raceroom will let me bind keyboard key for shifting. for ACC i dont use seq shifter as i always use paddles there, but only AC i cannot bind keyboard buttons but if you say content manager allow to bind two buttons for one shift i know for sure thats what will solve my issue. thanks for reply ill check it
cm.jpg

This is what my CM looks like. Penguin r/c is the paddle shifter, Generic joystick is SHH shifter, and I have also bound ., buttons just in case I go crazy and get something else.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years