Combine classes.....with more than 25 cars?

Hey guys....is there a way to change the amount of cars for a offline practice / race , meaning....more than 25 cars in mixed classes? I know we can select just a certain group instead of " all cars " and it'll allow us to add as many as the track allows. But adding more cars to a mixed class? Possible?

Reason I ask....is if I want to combine 2015 and 2017 stockcar's , I can only get 25 driver's. But if I choose just one ( like 2017 Stockcar's ) I can have 30+ on most tracks , but I end up having duplicate names and cars.

Hi. Might be able to help/might not.

I run multiclass offline. Use all cars/all tracks or edit individual series SRS files. The .gbd files in locations folder will show you how many A.I for each track.

Example in Cadwell Park .gdb

CadwellPark
{
[snip]
Max Vehicles = 20 [<<<<<<< HERE]
[snip]

Are you editing .srs files? I usually limit how many i have on track due to performanace issues when running more than 4 classes to 26. But you can add championships under the all cars/all tracks menu by adding the relevent data to the all cars/all tracks .srs (Reiza99) and then you can add more cars. I currently have 5 championships listed there But for tracks like Cadwell, as you probably know you can't have more than 19 A.I and yourself. Garage limitations or something?. Generally if you want more cars, use all tracks all cars.

For example add the vehicle filter in two places in the .srs of your series. Add as many classes as you like (look for classes= in the VEH files), then in the game menus, choose 'set amount' when choosing A.I, and you can choose how many of each car classes are on track. All cars/all tracks you can take the number up. If you have a track listed in your SceneOrder, that can't take the amount of cars you have, it will skip the circuit to the next one in the list (or crash).

Example, although i assume you already know or have your own method...

// Game/Season Info:
Mod Name = Stock Car V8
Track Filter = StockV8
Vehicle Filter = OR: StockV8 StockV8_2017 StockV8_2018 SuperV8 CopaMontana CopaMarcas Opala86 [<<< Add vehicle filters here, this will show all cars possible to select for your races]
SafetyCar = CamaroSS_SC.veh
ID=1

Max Opponents = 32 [<<Take note here]// maximum opponents in practice/quick race/grand prix/championship
Min Championship Opponents = 5 // minimum opponents in championship only

// Seasons:

Season = Stock Car V8 Vs SuperV8 [<<< rename if you like]
{
FullSeasonName = Stock Car V8 Vs SuperV8 [<<< rename if you like]
BaseCreditMult = 0.0
MinExperience = 0
EntryFee = 0
Vehicle Filter = |StockV8_2017 StockV8_2018 SuperV8 [<<< Add vehicle filters here too of the cars you want to appear in the menu] .

Omit any tracks that limit your max opponents i guess by checking each one in .gdb

Adding championships to all cars/all tracks menu is relatively easy.

Just in case you were wondering. In ~Reiza99 srs file. Add something similar...

// Seasons:

Season = VS 1 [name how you like]
{
FullSeasonName = VS 1 [name how you like]
BaseCreditMult = 0.0
MinExperience = 0
EntryFee = 0
Vehicle Filter = * [<< keep the star so i can choose any vehicle in game or add vehicle filters]

SceneOrder
{
ER_Melbourne14
Adelaide88
etc...
}

}

SeasonScoringInfo
{
R1P1 = 30
R1P2 = 26
R1P3 = 23
etc...
}

DefaultScoring
{

Season = VS 2
{
FullSeasonName = VS 2
BaseCreditMult = 0.0
MinExperience = 0
EntryFee = 0
Vehicle Filter = *

SceneOrder
{

Adelaide88
BrasiliaAlt
etc...
}

}

SeasonScoringInfo
{
R1P1 = 30
R1P2 = 26
R1P3 = 23
etc...
}

DefaultScoring
{

Hope has been some help.

Oh yeah, duplicate cars mean that you have less individual cars than the amount you have chosen. This indicates you haven't set the amount correctly for each class. Ensure you click Set amount in the game menus.

Some cars are limited by their performance in game in terms of programming (to my knowledge) (e.g, more cars and you might have game issues) and some due to garage limitations of the actual track. So even if Stock V8 says Max Opponents =32 in the SRS file, loading Cadwell Park for example will still limit them to 19+you as max vehicles listed in .gbd determines how many you can have.

Last edited:
No probs, like you i like to set my game up as i want it. I wrote that with baby on my lap, re-read and thought woops, could of been clearer, but any help i'll gladly give. I've had the same issues as you, and twinkiering forever to get right isn't easy when you're fickle about your sim, i think i tweak more than i actually race sometimes :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%