Coloured bars on "gears" widget?

Hi
can someone explain the meaning and relations between the blue/yellow/green bars on this widget please? I figured its used for just few cars like P1 or 919Hybrid and relates to KERS etc but cant figure out exactly how those work. Have driven 919 yesterday (normally I stay clear from that type cars) and got me interested a bit.
Also noticed on some cars you can manually use 'blue' bar like electric mode only and on some others it only triggers automatically in some cases.
Does any of that also connets to DRS system or completely unrelated?
Any explanations welcome :) thanks

tmp.JPG

Blue = % of possible electric power you are currently using, so full blue bar means the electric motor(s) are giving you everything they can

Yellow = amount of energy allowed per lap (for cars that limit it within regulations, F1/LMP1 etc), so it resets every time you cross the line whether it was empty or not. It cannot recharge with regeneration.

Green = amount of energy you physically have available, so essentially the "fuel tank". It can be regenerate under deceleration (car dependent). If its empty, you cannot use more energy until it recharges.

Blue = % of possible electric power you are currently using, so full blue bar means the electric motor(s) are giving you everything they can

Yellow = amount of energy allowed per lap (for cars that limit it within regulations, F1/LMP1 etc), so it resets every time you cross the line whether it was empty or not. It cannot recharge with regeneration.

Green = amount of energy you physically have available, so essentially the "fuel tank". It can be regenerate under deceleration (car dependent). If its empty, you cannot use more energy until it recharges.

Great thanks, makes more sense - so yellow is only a percentage of green one per lap, so cars like P1 or LaFerrari in real life would only have blue and green right?

Blue bar is triggered automatically on heavy acceleration right? but you can still manually trigger it in using button - is that the same as acceleration-based or it will provide even more power when manually triggered?

Green bar - recharging of it can be set up by electronics, right? Thats this MGUK recovery setting? 919 has a lot of modes so I reckon it goes from maximum recharge to maximum give-away depending what you need at given point?

thanks!

Great thanks, makes more sense - so yellow is only a percentage of green one per lap, so cars like P1 or LaFerrari in real life would only have blue and green right?
Yellow isn't really a percentage of the green bar, its just a energy usage limiter for regulations, green is the actual state of charge. But yes, the LaF/P1 etc don't use the yellow bar - iirc its just set to an extremely high value so it never limits you, ie. pay no attention to it if its not moving.

Blue bar is triggered automatically on heavy acceleration right? but you can still manually trigger it in using button - is that the same as acceleration-based or it will provide even more power when manually triggered?
Yes, it simply shows how much electric power you are using at a given time, regardless of whether its automatically or manually triggered. If its around half full, its giving you around 50% power,

Green bar - recharging of it can be set up by electronics, right? Thats this MGUK recovery setting? 919 has a lot of modes so I reckon it goes from maximum recharge to maximum give-away depending what you need at given point?
Yeah the recovery modes dictate how aggressive the regen is.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 138 13.8%