Colour saturation

I'm sure most of you have noticed by now that GSC has a very vivid colour palette. While it does make the game pop visually sometimes the contrast and saturation gets a bit hard on my eyes/monitor combination. Currently there only seem to be two ways to deal with it:

1 - use Wedge's Visions reshade settings. This certainly drops the contrast and saturation but has a few nasty aliasing and framerate issues, at least on my setup.

2 - turn down the overall saturation (vibrance) using Nvidia control panel (or even on the monitor itself). This also drops the saturation in game but can't be run on a per game basis.

Is there a file that can be tweaked to drop the vividness a bit, or is it baked into the shaders? It would be great if this was a slider in a future release...

Thanks in advance for any info.

Interesting. Most of those SweetFX settings usually up the contrast (as it's closer to what cameras would pick up, and people seem to prefer their games looking like filmed rather than seeing with your own eyes)

To me GSC is very pleasing to the eyes - maybe your monitor isn't setup correctly?
(I had very aggressive monitor settings back in the days when i played Q3A)

Thanks xnorb. The monitor is fine - actually it's a 42" 1080p LED TV specifically adjusted so that it's not too contrasty and saturated. I just find GSC to be more vibrant than the other driving sims I have. I've come to appreciate the slightly undersaturated look of rF2 for instance, and by playing with SweetFX and just running Vibrance at -0.25 I can get GSC looking pretty similar.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back