Colorful Gauges[Plugin]

Plugins Colorful Gauges[Plugin] 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
RedJohn260 submitted a new resource:

Colorful Gauges - plugin, gauge, color,

This mod add a illumination to extra gauges and main instrumental cluster, also add feature to change illumination color.

Requirements:

Mod Loader

How to install:
Unzip the content into your Mod folder

Features:
Aditional colors and lighting for Satsuma instrument cluster, needles and extra gauges.
Now available in RGB color.
Changable color and opacity by a slider for each color channel.
Option to save and load current color.
Deafault key for GUI is F9. You can change it in the Mod...

Read more about this resource...

Hello, the mod does not work in my MSC, besides not changing the colors leaves the speedometer, temperature and fuel impossible to see it seems that it has a reflection as if it were looking in a glass. Extra gauges, AF meter and tachometer do not change at all. the mod loads and even selects the option to set the colors, but nothing happens. I use the MSC in its latest version, I think it's 12/17/2018

Working on it to solve those issues, thanks for reporting them in support section.

EDIT: also, if you want to have it working untill those issues are resolved, be sure to have all extra gauges and Clock installed in satsuma.

Hello, the mod does not work in my MSC, besides not changing the colors leaves the speedometer, temperature and fuel impossible to see it seems that it has a reflection as if it were looking in a glass. Extra gauges, AF meter and tachometer do not change at all. the mod loads and even selects the option to set the colors, but nothing happens. I use the MSC in its latest version, I think it's 12/17/2018

That version that you have is Experimental version of MSC. Mod is not tested on experimental version, latest regular version of MSC is

Needs update, dashboard gauges are completely blank white and extra gauges are unchanged entirely. Latest MSC update is now 23.12.2018

Seems to be working fine for me in 23.12.2018. Make sure you have mixture gauge and extra gauges installed, if you play with full tuned satsuma with everything installed, mod should run without a problem.

I have fully built satsuma, all gauges installed to car before your mod was installed and current update, still getting void on load error.

Edit:
Redownloaded and ran a game with it to see what the error says:
Error: ColourfulGauges throw an error!
Details: Object reference not set to an instance of an object in "Void GameObjectFind()".

Last edited:
Check the console, if mod is installed it should print out "Colorful Gauges Loaded"... If you dont see that text in the console, that means you didnt install correctly.

Seems to be having an issue after getting the MSTuner, when i load in i get the Void GameObjectFind() but when i hit F9 the menu is still opening. Problem is that so is MSTuner and unable to find a way to try the menu and see if it is actually working or not.

Found another interesting bug. If installed without the tachometer pre-installed in the satsuma. It will simply not light up, its also not bolted. If you do install the tachometer above the steering colum, and then install the mod. You will spawn 2 tachometers, but only the one on the steering colum will light up. The one that gets installed on top of the dash will still not light up. It dosent matter if you try to switch places with the 2 tachometers. Was fun having double tachometers tho...

The mod does not work with MSTuner installed. There are no errors in the console but the gauges dont light up completely. Also with both mods installed there are problems with the gui's, can't use any of them.

Seems to be having an issue after getting the MSTuner, when i load in i get the Void GameObjectFind() but when i hit F9 the menu is still opening. Problem is that so is MSTuner and unable to find a way to try the menu and see if it is actually working or not.

I think MSTuner using different way to load UI elements, its not compatible for the most of the mods that are using Unity UI.

Found another interesting bug. If installed without the tachometer pre-installed in the satsuma. It will simply not light up, its also not bolted. If you do install the tachometer above the steering colum, and then install the mod. You will spawn 2 tachometers, but only the one on the steering colum will light up. The one that gets installed on top of the dash will still not light up. It dosent matter if you try to switch places with the 2 tachometers. Was fun having double tachometers tho...

That's wierd, it should install tacho automatically on game load, no matter if was installed before or not and it should be bolted if was bolted in a save game. Tacho on the steering colum its not supposed to light up cus i didnt implement that one. I tried many different save games and combination in order to see what will break the mod but didnt find anything like that. Anyway, i'll try to check it out, maybe for the next update will add that tacho on the steereng colum as well.

RedJohn260 updated Colorful Gauges[Plugin] with a new update entry:

Colorful Gauges Updated to v1.3

Fixed few bugs.
Added background lighting, now Gauges light up surface around them.

Added illumination to Tacho on steering column, now if you load game with steering column Tacho, you'll have two of them active, you can remove one of them if you don't want both or you can disable Dashboard Tacho through UI.

View attachment 283659 View attachment 283658

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%