DiRT Colin McRae: DiRT

Dirt Burns Rally - Sim Proyect for Colin McRae Dirt

======INTRO=======

Hello there, after playing LOTS, and i mean LOTS of hours to RBR excellent and best Rally game over there, I felt I needed more and more, so I went to the closest attempt to a good rally game, Colin McRae Dirt.

Yeah you may think Im crazy, but this game has serious potential, the rally tracks are good, and I mean they don't last 30 seconds as the ****ty-dirt2 does, there is creativity on the tracks and they are unpredictable...

But the worst physics ruined that attempt, SO Ive been studying how this game works and found out that it has SERIOUS MODDING POTENTIAL, I mean, if all this was available, why nobody did something serious with it? Im talking about features the game has but it doesn't use, such as Wheel Burning on certain type of terrains, temperature effects, Friction variables, Hardness on the wheels, and much more to do...

So I started trying to turn this potential-has game into the closest thing available to RBR physics, am I crazy?

And I am aware that almost no-body plays this game anymore, but here I go anyways.. Im having fun with it..

==========NOTES==============

First of all, you may wonder: Why souldn't simply use those Grip and Brake Tweaks over the web?

The reason is that those hacks affect overally ALL cars by the same multiplier value, I am adjusting everything separatly, for each car, for each terrain, for each effect, Im trying the best I can with this game

Second of all, if any of you would like to collaborate in beta testing and feedback, it will be welcome before a public download link :)

=============OBJECTIVE & FEATURES================

Based on RBR gravel physics, I am trying to make the handling the most similar possible, and based on my rFactor experience to design the Tarmac physics

Spinning out and losing control of the traction are now things that often happen if we don't brake gradually and post-throttle with care

• Specific Changes to each terrain properties, trying to make them the most unique and realistic as possible
    1. Friction, Feel the wheels wheight on slides over the tracks differently
    2. Hardness, It affects how you feel the steering wheel over the terrain
    3. Grip, Most important impact on oversteering mostly
    4. Dump Effects, They were improved to feel better the cambers and crests, and the terrain itself effect over the handling
    5. Impact to the cars speed Each terrain type affects differently to the speed and acceleration of the car, some of them leading the car to stop faster
    6. Kickups, Improved effects
    7. Temperature, Effects on the car and the wheels

• Specific changes to each car
    1. Weight feeling and gravity axis, Hihgly impacts on handling and realism
    2. Dampers y Springs, Realistic feelings help the car stable on smooth handling and dangerous at high speeds
    3. Understeer-Oversteer relation, Key factor over the car's traction and stability
    4. Deleted some default traction help installed on cars
    5. Brakes, Realistic braking, forcing the driver to control it with care, now the car won't brake in less than one second and mostly it may lose stability on forced stops
    6. Overall Stability depending on the current speed

Also, it includes Realistic Damage Changed (based on damage overhaul mod which was the most realistic) and extra cockpit cameras

====================================

WIP Videos showing where I am aiming at

Tarmac and Dusty Gravel

S2000 on Wet Tarmac

And here videos from the next v4 closed alpha, with Transmission, engine and differential changes

now the C4 controls 120km/h at 2nd. Overall car control through transmission was vastly improved. Vanilla DiRT was terrible at these stuff

Here a WRC Mix

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.1%
  • < 5 years