DiRT 3 Colin McRae: DiRT 3

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
We are giving away our last of three DiRT 3 copies for PC with a "guess the lap time" competition. Guess the lap time of our moderator Nick Brooke as he drove (and filmed) a lap around Alpine Stars Trophy Finland Course with a Peugeot 207 4WD.

peug.jpg

The competition runs for a week and one entry per person is allowed. Submit your guess via this link and maybe you'll be the winner of a free game and become very DIRTY soon.

Codemasters..jpgCVG posted that Codemasters confirms a follow-up to last year's rally racer DiRT 2. Gavin Cheshire of Codemasters said:

"Really, it's all about letting the teams just innovate. There's some great stuff coming from Birmingham that's going into Dirt 3, and obviously you've seen Bodycount," he said.

"It's about the culture we've created and making the best games you can. Dirt 2: brilliant game but it's all American accents, so maybe we're a little over the top with those. Maybe we should fly the flag a bit more."

Full article here

I hate to be the partycrasher here, but really, neither DiRT, nor DiRT 2 were simulators. DiRT was the closest you could get to a simulator, but it wasn't a sim. Neither was GRID, or hardly any of their other racing titles, and I am quite sure that DiRT 3 won't be either. Their aim is to be arcadey with a bit of setting up of the cars to hit as big a target group as possible, and honestly, they are doing a good job. Even I like those games.

Codemasters have released a first glimpse of their new upcoming DiRT3 rally game at the X-Games.

The trailer shows American cult hero Ken Block driving in the Monster World Rally Team Ford Fiesta on dirt tracks in Africa and the Ford RS200 in Europe.

According to Codemasters DiRT 3 will give a more British atmosphere compared to the previous titles.

No release date has been announced, but the game will be made available on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

that does look amazing and wouldnt be surprised if all that was ingame shots but it might have been rendered. Nice to see proper rallying on there aswell as the xgames thing staying, gonna be just as fun as Dirt2 i think looks like Ken Block is becoming Codemasters main focus and thats not a bad thing because a lot of people know who he is these days

alright. but i can't even get dirt 2 to work. the game just goes black but you can see and hear pastrana and ken block and can click enter and it says loading profile or something like that. anyhow. does ati radeon hd 5700 series need to be on the computer to play or is it on there already because i think that's what it is.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 355 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%