DiRT 2 Colin McRae: DiRT 2

When I enter a new game and finish not last in my first race, scares me (max difficulty).... not sim.... but fun... maybe yes, will try longer :), so far did really just one race in this truck thing.

Positive surprise

I like that game, expected something better than the disappointment of the year for me: NfS Shift and it is, although it consists also these short 2-3 lap races in career mode, but the physics reminds me at the old CMcR 2, so thumbs up from my side

DiRT 2 out on Steam now!

Ok, I ordered Dirt 2 last week. It was supposed to be released on the 1st, then today at 1400 CST. I get on at 1400 CST, it said in 5 hours. Now at 1630 it says DEC. 8. Now, it is not listed anymore in my games list for not yet released games.

Yeah ... or as I just found out €49.99 if you are in Europe!!!!!!!!!
With today's exchange rates that is sooo rediculously overpriced - it should be more in the region of €32 or €33 :angry:

EDIT: Just sent a support question (rant) to Steam ... cos that sucks big time!

The biggest short fall of all these off road, dirt road games is, you can't feel the ruts, holes, water, sand and loose gravel through the FF. It's all canned effects. Until some one makes a game with that I won't get very excited.

The biggest short fall of all these off road, dirt road games is, you can't feel the ruts, holes, water, sand and loose gravel through the FF. It's all canned effects. Until some one makes a game with that I won't get very excited.

What wheel you got?
Through my G25 I feel a hell of a lot of what is going on with the car and what its hitting on the road - maybe you need to tweak it mate, cos one of the best things I found with Dirt 2 is the effects of the FF, and when I hit the water, I feel it bog down and pull left or right as it would in a real car, or if I whack something the wheels jar to the left or right, or when I am power sliding round a corner and giving it too much, I can feel the tyres bite again when I ease back off the throttle ... :fwd2::)

BTW Nige ... hope yous right buddee ... cos 49 Euros is silly compared to your paltry 29 quid - will find out on Monday some time :waiting:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%