RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Chris Rodgers

I love this event, but why just the epic tracks? They make me feel small! Just kidding, actually I know this track a little bit from Forza so will try to set a respectable time over the next few nights...I won't be breaking any records though :p

Not the best evening I've ever had...

Qualy: Pole with a 1:46.656

Race 1: Got a decent start but then messed up the first corner allowing Simon past. From then on i tried very hard to pass him but wasn't able to do so despite getting alongside a lot of times. Seemed to be the reverse of Brno in the WTCC league, very good close racing, thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Race 2: Started in 7th and was in 4th or 5th after the first corner. I managed to then overtake the other cars which put me in 2nd behind Jamie. For a few laps we had a good fun battle - very similar to the one with Simon in race 1. Coming out of the tight chicane Jesper gave the back of my BMW the slightest tap known to man which then caused it to spin straight round. He waited for me though so thanks for doing so. I was a bit annoyed at losing a load of positions and on the front straight i accidentally pressed my neutral button aswell as the paddle that has my pit menu on. Without thinking about it i pulled back on my gear stick putting the car into first at about 120mph, this spun me straight round into the pitwall damaging the car quite badly. From then on the car was an oversteer fest which meant my earlier pace was miles out of reach. Me being me tried to drive the car as fast as before but this just ended with another spin on the last corner. After that i retired as the car was pretty much undrivable in its state.

Bit of a mix really - great qualy and first race, but a stupid mistake my me in the second ruined my race.

Lol I can't understand a word Sandis is saying. Anyway.

Qualy: Didn't practice because I have been racing Estoril for years and thought it would be easy. In qualy I struggled to find a nice rhythem around the track and managed last. But I like it there, more people to pass and fight.

Race 1: Can't remember much, had a couple of fights and took advantage of some accidents. A couple of folks put some nice passes on me and some scary ones. Sandis was a bit aggressive, and anoyed me but without looking at the replay seemed fair. At the last corner Deparis was slow and I saw a pass. He blocked me excessively and put me into the wall losing us both a place to the guy I was fighting.

Race 2: Not a good start, no where near what I usually do, i got bogged down. made it up in turn one and snuck in behind Keith. Saw a pass but he closed the door and me having tunnel vision commited to the move had nothing I could do but hit him. I repeated this again at the end of lap 1 losing us both places. Had a couple of nice little fights, but not being happy with my set up and the not getting a groove I settled to just see what I could finish with. Again ran into Deparis on the last lap, literally and crept round until he repassed. But then he went off anyway so my hard work to try and pass him in teh first place wasn;t wasted by my nudging him off.

Another fun night of S2000s and many more to come I hope, although I prefer the longer runs.

Qually- Not to bad but wasnt with the pace at 1.7s behind leader placing me 13th.

Race 1: Got a good start made two places on first lap one a lovely pass into a right hander up the inside of Bob Miley.then after normal race trying to kep up!

Race 2: Got a terrible start and 6th into first corner.Then made a few places and Sandis cam up behind me, as we come into the chicane i get 4 or 5 hard bumps on the rear and understeers me wide losing me 3 places!This is what has really pissed me off is that for one he didnt say sorry and two he didnt give the place back! Im not happy with this and to be honest i wrecked my race!Thankyou Sandis and i suggest you start banger racing!

As i said was all good until last race!

Anyway Thankyou RD for setting this up:)

Felt really comfortable on this car tonight. Was 12th in qualifying on race fuel so was very happy.

Race 1

Got away ok, slowed a little too much at T1 to avoid hitting anyone but then settled and was loving it. I have finally learnt how to drive these cars! Only comment I will make on some of the driving is that rules were broken and I will say sorry to Sandis, but there was very little I could do to avoid you.:handshake:

Also Neil Gault (ever the gent):in-love: waited for me even though he was not at fault and the fact that I told him to Go twice and it took me so long to gather myself together. However, once I got going it was almost impossible to turn left even with full lock, so ran wide and let him go on his merry way.

Race 2

Started 19th or somewhere round there and was having loads of fun when my bloody phone rang, had to pull over and tell then to ***???$3%$545 off, then set off on a very enjoyable chase to eventually finish 14th.

Also the in game chat is not really the place to have a rant, nor is the forum. There is a complaints procedure.:good:

Thanks Simon for setting this up and RD for hosting

Sorry matthew parr :worship: I Before Brake,you a then brake....
506296.jpg

Christian Deparis
wines in general still.If you give a full gas,should not be a brake??
You 4x crash my car upss this is sick no Flat out play lol
499128.jpg

487864.jpg

Bob Miley all order..
Thaank Simon for RD server hosting

Not the best evening I've ever had...

Qualy: Pole with a 1:46.656

Race 1: Got a decent start but then messed up the first corner allowing Simon past. From then on i tried very hard to pass him but wasn't able to do so despite getting alongside a lot of times. Seemed to be the reverse of Brno in the WTCC league, very good close racing, thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Race 2: Started in 7th and was in 4th or 5th after the first corner. I managed to then overtake the other cars which put me in 2nd behind Jamie. For a few laps we had a good fun battle - very similar to the one with Simon in race 1. Coming out of the tight chicane Jesper gave the back of my BMW the slightest tap known to man which then caused it to spin straight round. He waited for me though so thanks for doing so. I was a bit annoyed at losing a load of positions and on the front straight i accidentally pressed my neutral button aswell as the paddle that has my pit menu on. Without thinking about it i pulled back on my gear stick putting the car into first at about 120mph, this spun me straight round into the pitwall damaging the car quite badly. From then on the car was an oversteer fest which meant my earlier pace was miles out of reach. Me being me tried to drive the car as fast as before but this just ended with another spin on the last corner. After that i retired as the car was pretty much undrivable in its state.

Bit of a mix really - great qualy and first race, but a stupid mistake my me in the second ruined my race.

Just wanted to apologize for that tap. Felt kinda bad about it because we were both on 2th and 3rd place and fell all the way down to 7-8th or so.
I hate putting people off track like that, and I just wanted to apologize here because I didn't when we were in race, but I hope you don't think that was rude. Driving and typing is usually to dangerous for me, especially after cricical moments like crashes =/

Also I want to apologize to the Audi driver. I ran in to the rear end of your car two times at the beginning of race two. Even though you didn't spin you lost some time and it was a bad mistake from my side. Sorry for that too =/

Other than that, great race :) I really enjoyed the battle I had with 3 Seat cars surrounding me from all sides. Very clean from all of you :)

Thx for setting up the race! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years