RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

USA time zone event
usaeventph3.jpg

Welcome USA time some event.

This race is primarily aimed towards our members in the United-states, Canada, and South America so the race times are set for that zone. However, we welcome entrants from other timezones who would like to race at this time and help us to maximize our starting grid.
The only thing we ask is that priority be given to US/Canada and south american members since they often don't get the opportunity to race other events

Servername: racedepartment USA
Password: click here

Class: WTCC 07
Track: Monza 07
Weather: Dry​

Practice: 9:30 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 2:30 GMT)
Qualification: 10:00 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 3:00 GMT)
Race: 10:30 pm EST (Wednesday 3:30 GMT)
Laps: 2 by 12 laps​

Notes:

due to numerous pillup at T1 on lap1 in all racing club event i will ask everybody to be more cautious at T1. i will also remind you all the code of conduct of RD about contact.​

1. all contact must be avoided, if it happen the driver that have hit or you think it was your fault and caused the other to spin or to go off track must slow down safely and let the other driver regain his place. if it involve you loosing a few places by doing so consider that as your penality.​

2. when hitting someone an apology is in place, either by saying sorry by the way of quick chat or after the race in the chat.​

3. in chat RD will not tolerate not respecting a fellow driver and will kick the offended driver and might even get ban from the racing club.​

those rules are there so everybody can enjoy their racing experience in a clean, fair and friendly environment.​

happy racing Yves ( racing club staff )​

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Your Country:
Car:
Special remarks:

Entrylist:
  1. Péter Bártfai - Chevy [skin]
  2. Ian Landry - Seat Leon
  3. Gaynall Hudgins - Chevy [skin]
  4. Chris Buchanan - Chevy
  5. Yves Larose - BMW E90 [skin]
  6. Marcel vd Aa - Seat Leon
  7. Jose Ferreira - Chevy ***
  8. William Yunck - Chevy [skin]
  9. Eric Kaczmarek - Seat Leon
  10. Matt Alpeter - Seat Leon [skin]
  11. Marty Pierce - Chevy[skin]
  12. Timothy Miller - Seat Leon [skin]
  13. Rhys Gardiner - Alfa Romeo
  14. Driver - Car
  15. Driver - Car
  16. Driver - Car
  17. Driver - Car
  18. Driver - Car
  19. Driver - Car
  20. Driver - Car
  21. Driver - Car
  22. Driver - Car
  23. Driver - Car
  24. Driver - Car
  25. Driver - Car

Reserves:
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

Rafael Barbosa, sorry for the race 1 tap and didn't feel anything of importance later when we can together...

On the point of taps and painting others cars while racing clean and tight. This can happen with better results if people edit their .PLR file. Search for the following entries & change to match these:

BoneSpring Threshold="0.10000"
BoneSpring Min Constant="25.00000"
BoneSpring Max Constant="120.00000"

On the point of taps and painting others cars while racing clean and tight. This can happen with better results if people edit their .PLR file. Search for the following entries & change to match these:

BoneSpring Threshold="0.10000"
BoneSpring Min Constant="25.00000"
BoneSpring Max Constant="120.00000"

Gunthar, does this work with GTR EVO? I know it works with GTL and GTR2, but I thought I read somewhere that it won't work for EVO.

What do those settings do, if I may ask?

basically, BoneSpring is the setting the bounces two cars apart when there is contact. If the settings are too sensitive, just getting close to another car (esp with higher ping times) tells the game that was close enuf and springs with max force the cars apart.

here is a great eg. from a GTR2 race I was in:

attachment.php

Here it the GTR2 blurb on BoneSpring:

Here is a little thing you can do to your (user name.PLR) file to help reduce the crazy car flying up in the air when a collision occurs between yours and anothers car online. This problem, and fix, was in NASCAR SIM by EA Sports also. The problem is that the internet creates latency that varies from player to player. The "server" tries to manage the "collision threshold" between vehicles. As a collision occurs, the server has to decide "when" contact will occur, and cause a visible in game reaction. Sometimes though, due to "lag" the cars actually "blend" together. As this happens, and the server then decides to have contact occur, a rather violent reaction occurs, thus the crazy antics of the cars. So I have altered my file to accomodate a slightly larger "threshold" to help the server account for lag, and make the collisions more realistic! First make a copy of your PLR file, and put it somewhere safe. Then open it in notepad, scroll down to MULTIPLAYER OPTIONS. and change just the following lines, to the values shown here. This will not cause online mis-matches!!

BoneSpring Threshold="1.00000" // If latency is below this threshold, the spring is disabled
BoneSpring Min Constant="25.00000" // BoneSpring(TM) constant at collision threshold
BoneSpring Max Constant="125.00000" // BoneSpring(TM) constant at spring enact latency (should be higher than constant min...)

Make sure there are 5 zero's after each decimal, and also make sure to keep the quotation marks intact. That's it, now go racing online, and see if your car behaves better with others! (like a kid, lol) If you have any questions, please PM me, and I will be glad to help.

This is a beta test. Several of us tried it last night(9/2/07), and no matter how hard and fast we hit the others cars, they stayed on the ground 99.9 % of the time. Others, who did not have the fix applied, faithfully caught serious "air". Some collisions, due to speed and angle will cause "air time" anyhow, but for the most part it seemed rather succesfull. I would also love to have some constructive feedback, here in this thread.
.....10/7/07.... We have been using this now for about a month, at NAGP, and 99% of the people trying it have reported it as a sucess!! SO if we can get more folks online to use it, car physics should be a tad more realistic.

Phil

PS .............Don't forget to back up your PLR file first!

note that the settings in this quote are a little different to mine, but mine works great...

Last night, I had many little taps and bumps and these all had what I would expect as realistic effect on my car and I assume on the other car too as the racing stayed close. Most notable was myself(New Zealand) and Michael Herrman(Germany) had a great old battle with a few little taps here and there and all was well, except that he got 2nd off me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back