CoG weight distribution left to right?

I'm having an issue coordinating the CoG to the values I want. As far as I am able to, I have set the CoG to be higher or lower, and I have increased the weight front to rear. However, I want to make the car have a few more kilograms to the left, as it is a left hand drive car. Is there any way to possibly change the weight distribution left to right?

Last edited:
Do you want the extra weight on the left to account for the driver?
Yes, that is part of my goal. I'm attempting to simulate the real horizontal distribution of a car (Lexus RC F). I have already added the driver's weight, but I haven't been able to locate it to the left side of the car.

Last edited:
I guessed there wasn't. Its kind of a shame, as the driver weight almost just acts as a restrictor instead of actually being like the real weight of an actual driver.

Good sports car manufacturers will often build the car to be balanced left to right with a driver on board. They only become off balance with a passenger in them. Not sure how detailed the modding is but I'm sure you can't stick a heavy battery on top of the passenger side wheel arch for example?

You have no control over where masses are within the body of the car, nor any way to move anything laterally. Just a limitation of the game. I'm not sure whether it automatically applies driver mass based on position, could probably check with telemetry apps if you're really curious. (See where the load is at all 4 corners.) I heavily (ha) doubt it.

Also that strategy backfires if, say, you design a WRX with the battery far-left to counter the driver, then leave it in that location when you make a LHD version for the rest of the world. :laugh:

Last edited:
Good sports car manufacturers will often build the car to be balanced left to right with a driver on board. They only become off balance with a passenger in them. Not sure how detailed the modding is but I'm sure you can't stick a heavy battery on top of the passenger side wheel arch for example?
You have no control over where masses are within the body of the car, nor any way to move anything laterally. Just a limitation of the game. I'm not sure whether it automatically applies driver mass based on position, could probably check with telemetry apps if you're really curious. (See where the load is at all 4 corners.) I heavily (ha) doubt it.

Also that strategy backfires if, say, you design a WRX with the battery far-left to counter the driver, then leave it in that location when you make a LHD version for the rest of the world. :laugh:
Actually, I was able to adjust the weight distribution longitudinal weight distribution via the CoG_LOCATION number. That also required changing the graphics offsets to make it work better, but as far as I can tell, the weight has changed, front to rear. I just can't make it change the lateral weight. As far as I know I can't change the battery location or anything, I'm a baby modder (lol) so I'm just starting out. Anyway I guess its pretty much a lost cause at this point. I'll go snooping around the files a little more to see if I can find anything at all.

Welp, ladies and gentlemen, I have done it. I have successfully engineered the proper lateral weight balance.

All it took was relocating the fuel tank a little more to the left, and adjust the alignment to prevent drifting. So far I have 52.6 percent weight on the left side of the vehicle, with a full gas tank. Now this thing handles pretty much like the real thing (she plows a lot).

Thank you all for your advice anyhow!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing