codename "Jakob"

• Mikkow

STCC and RACE ON are both touring car games and frog and toad are wel.. related.
dunno if that helps.
I don't think there's any logic that can be seen for outsiders in the naming. Yes, STCC and Race On have touring cars in them. STCC has Camaro Cup cars while Race On has International Formula Masters series + Muscle cars + American tracks. If they named stuff accordingly, wouldn't they emphasize the formula master open wheelers in the naming? Like Cobra or something.

• Mikkow

The next project could have another 3 different things again of stuff we have no idea about. The naming scheme is not helpful for us. No one predicted even close what Race On was going to be about either.

• Mikkow

I would be one of those people. Why can't they do like... an open wheel series? Or maybe like DTM? I don't know.
The main thing was that information revealed earlier by SB had made many believe (for logical reasons) that it would be two new licenses, but only one was new - at least in the eyes of us here. It's not that people don't want or like more WTCC, it's that it's not quite as hot as say, GP2, BTCC, A1GP, DTM etc, which they were hoping for.

And regarding the open wheel series, you're in for a surprise! "Race On"'s second license is the international http://www.formulamaster.net open wheeler series.

• Kyle Evers

The main thing was that information revealed earlier by SB had made many believe (for logical reasons) that it would be two new licenses, but only one was new - at least in the eyes of us here. It's not that people don't want or like more WTCC, it's that it's not quite as hot as say, GP2, BTCC, A1GP, DTM etc, which they were hoping for.

And regarding the open wheel series, you're in for a surprise! "Race On"'s second license is the international http://www.formulamaster.net open wheeler series.

If Race On is a WTCC or BTCC title, there is no way in hell I'm buying it. NO MORE WTCC!

Why can't they give us something that we want? Like Le Mans? I don't know about you guys, but if there were to be a Le Mans title to come out (any series from 1969 until now) I'd be the first to buy it.

• Mikkow

If Race On is a WTCC or BTCC title, there is no way in hell I'm buying it. NO MORE WTCC!

Why can't they give us something that we want? Like Le Mans? I don't know about you guys, but if there were to be a Le Mans title to come out (any series from 1969 until now) I'd be the first to buy it.

You shunned WTCC, asked for an open wheel series, I told you Race On contains International Formula Master, and then you exclaim that if Race On is WTCC (which it is, amongst other things ---) you wouldn't buy it. So what gives?

• Kyle Evers

You shunned WTCC, asked for an open wheel series, I told you Race On contains International Formula Master, and then you exclaim that if Race On is WTCC (which it is, amongst other things ---) you wouldn't buy it. So what gives?

You said Race On had two licensed classes o.o

One being the IFM, and the other unknown. That's why I say I'm hoping it's not another WTCC game.

• Mikkow

It's not unknown. We know for a fact that Race On contains:

1. International Formula Masters (season unknown but possibly the 09 season with Hungaroring and Spa-Francorchamps. If not that we don't know what those two new tracks will be)
2. WTCC 08 season (with Okayama + many track updates/corrections from their not always perfect work before)
3. A number of american road cars (muscle car types)
4. A couple of american road racing tracks.
5. All STCC content (STCC season 08 with cars and tracks, and Camaro Cup support class).

Wow I am famous :)
http://www.virtualr.net/simbin-is-jakob-a-volvo/

A week ago, Simbin announced another PC project named “Jakob”, to be released in 2009. Of course, the whole community started guessing what Jakob was right away, even though Project TOAD showed us that their project names do not always contain hints.
It might be a different case with Jakob as Racedepartment’s Ramon van Rijn has done some research and came up with some interesting facts. Jakob isn’t just the codename of Simbin’s upcoming title, it was also the nickname of the first ever built Volvo - The Volvo ÖV4 of 1927. Of course, a 72-year old car isn’t much of a hint, Jakob came back to life in 2008 though when Volvo unveiled a new hot rod design study based on their legendary first model.
The 2008 Jakob can be seen below, the car is powered by a 2.5 liter five-cylinder engine putting out 265hp. The fact that Volvo, just like Simbin, is a Swedish company throws another hint in the mix. Will Jakob be a title about Volvo automobiles?

Hihi
It might be a different case with Jakob as Racedepartment’s Ramon van Rijn has done some research and came up with some interesting facts.
I just did google on jakob and car and within the first 6 hits was my answer :) hahaha

The first thing that pops up if you enter "Jakob" in google images is that Volvo hotrod. Surprised nobody else did it :)

Maybe the april fools day joke at [ame="http://forums.eu.atari.com/showpost.php?p=2074037&postcount=1"]Atari's Race Pro forum[/ame] had a part of reality in it (lol) who knows:

Originally Posted by Iam N. Otastoat, Product Manager
While we have I think shown that serious sim games can be successful on the console platforms, it is clear that Race Pro in its current incarnation does not appeal to the larger market that has made other games such as the Burnout and Need For Speed series so popular.

Therefore, in partnership with the talent at Simbin, we are excited to announce that work had already begun on Race Pro: Hot Rods.

Fed up of racing fixed cars and limited paint schemes? Worry no more, as Race Pro: Hot Rods features for the first time in a Simbin game fully moddable cars and the ability to paint and add custom vinyls to your racer. In a move sure to please the fans Atari have also hired the services of Tim Westwood to mix appropriate sound tracks for this game, and maybe even help out with a little pimpin' of your ride.

Race Pro: Hot Rods is expected to hit stores just before Christmas, and will also be available as a DLC update for existing Race Pro owners - pricing to be announced.

• Mikkow

Looking at older titles:

GTR2002 = "Abraham"
GTR (and GTR2?) = "Isaak"
GT Legends = "Jakob"

GT Legends cars perhaps?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back