- May 11, 2014
As you all know, VR support for DiRT Rally 2.0 was added in Version 1.7, however we’re fully aware that some are enjoying it less than others due to technical performance. You’ve given us feedback, and we’ve been having many discussions internally about how to ensure you all have the best VR experience possible with our game.
First up, we posted a VR settings guide. If you haven’t seen it yet it’s here:
Next, we looked at what changes could be made in time for our next update. Version 1.8 is expected to release around September 3. Here’s a snippet of the Patch Notes (which we’re currently assembling) detailing what’s changing for VR:
- Added option allowing players to choose whether to launch the game in 2D Mode or VR Mode.
- Added support for separate graphics presets between 2D Mode and VR Mode.
- Added support for “-novr” launch command.
- Added ability to bind “Reset View” to a preferred buttons/keys.
- Resolved issue where game would crash if no VR headset was plugged in.
- Improved readability of UI text in VR Mode.
In addition to this, we are currently investigating what is required in terms of time and resources to implement Oculus SDK support into the Steam version of the game.
Adding Oculus SDK support to the Steam version is not a simple matter of flicking a switch, nor is it a case of copy/pasting code from the Oculus version. It’s also not something that can happen immediately or in a very short space of time. We’ll share more in the future once things progress.
As always, we’re grateful for the feedback you provide to us on all aspects of the game, whether it’s on our forums, Steam or social media. It’s through this two-way conversation that we’ll continue to improve the game and give you the best experience possible.