DiRT Rally Codemasters tease a new DiRT game

Dirt 3 header.jpg

A Tweet by the British studio has revealed the existence of a new title in the popular rally series.

It seems Codemasters have already started work on a DiRT sequel.

The tweet is a job posting, and according to it the studio is looking for a graphics programmer "for a DiRTy little game we've been working on".

The wording makes it seem like development has been going on for some time, but that's obviously just speculation.

The game will likely be next-gen, since the studio is working on their first next-gen outing (complete with a shiny new graphics engine), F1 2015.

What do you think? Are you excited for the return of the popular series, hopefully with a purer focus on time-trial rally? Let us know in the comments!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd never claim the DiRT series to be accurate but they've always been fun to play. DiRT 3 was starting to borderline on not being fun though. Gymkhana and donuts are not rally racing for me.

The Dirt series is Codemaster's best with only Dirt Showdown being a botched title.
No this isn't RBR never will be just get over it and have some fun.
Or maybe I can just have my own opinion, have fun with wich I think is funny and be optimistic about staff a want to.
And I am not optimistic about this game. And I did not mention RBR.

Dirt3 was pretty fun to drive. It was easy to make it to the end of the stage without crashing (unlike RBR) hard to beat the AI time and time again.

But please, kill those brainless announcers, kill the youtube integration, and simplify the menus. I get motion sickness from the menus and loading screens!!

I want a rally career simulator, and oddly, WRC 1 had one I really liked. You really felt like you earned your way into 4wd machinery, then the guest spots in a WRC car made it feel like progress to the ultimate goal.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back