F1 2016 Codemasters Reveals First Footage of F1 2016

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
F1_2016_RD.jpg
The Codemasters F1 media channel have released three new videos of the upcoming Formula One 2016 video game, set for release on Xbox, Playstation and of course, PC.

The footage is primarily to do with hyping up not only the game but the new European Grand Prix in Azerbaijan due to take place this weekend. A controversial race not only for it's residing country's human rights record, but also because for the first time a Formula One race will clash with motorsports' biggest race: The Le Mans 24 Hours.

Whilst 'Tilkedromes' haven't gotten the best rap for producing exciting racing, this one actually looks very challenging and rewarding to drive. There are several undulation changes, a good mix of high and low speed corners and of course you cannot go past that massive - and I do mean massive - pit-straight: over two kilometres of full throttle.

The first video features both Daniel Ricciardo of Red Bull Racing and Jolyon Palmer of Renault F1 talking about the new track and describing how F1 2016 has helped to prepare them for the coming race.

The second video features a commentated lap from Jolyon Palmer onboard his Renault F1 car from this season.

The final video provides us with Daniel Ricciardo's take on the circuit via (you guessed it) an onboard video.
Whilst much of the drivers testimonials are simply a means of marketing the game, the Codemasters F1 series can be helpful, at most, for learning the general layout of tracks. The reality is that the teams with their own in-house simulators will have access to a much greater amount of information regarding the Baku circuit than any publicly available video game could possibly provide. Rest assured, F1 2016 will not render Jolyon Palmer or Daniel Ricciardo more prepared than any other driver on the F1 grid.

Perhaps more importantly, Codemasters have left the details of the games' release date to the very end of the video; August 19th for UK customers. As for the players in other countries, well it's not known yet.

Do you like what you have seen so far with F1 2016? Will you be purchasing it on day one, or will you be waiting for user reviews? Let us know!

Last edited:
I never buy F1-games at release,- like all big games it will need patches to really shine, and I can wait. Furthermore, competition brings the price down very quickly, and modders need time to come up with the goods, so it's a win-win situation.

Most titles looks really good in 2560x1440 on my 32" monitor on max, and this one is promising.
It's also a great reason to use my G27 and PlaySeat again...:D

I hope in upcoming interviews someone puts the following to Codemasters.

Now that Microsoft will be bringing titles to PC with additional graphical elements to give PC gamers what they want in achieving a visual experience beyond consoles and not in just higher resolutions.

What will Codemasters be offering and how much longer will they limit pushing their own technical abilities beyond producing titles graphically offering what the consoles can handle.
The codies have a very strong monopoly on the F1 License so im afraid they do not care. Sales will be good on consoles anyways, no matter if the game runs on 30fps.

• ronniej

I was just looking at F1 2015 on Steam as the summer sale is on right now although I did purchase the title at release (Returned for refund) as I was a fan and owner of the previous titles (When Sim racing was Sim Bin and rFactor only basically) But as I said, It was a return because it was simply broken....I was so disappointed that I swore I would never purchase another Codemasters title ever again. In true hypocritical fashion (Something I'm really good at) I purchased Dirt Rally, and will probably get F1 2015 now for just over $20. I won't hold my breath with F1 2016 as I don't have faith. Like others here have mentioned, they're other "Proper" sims out there now, and I don't believe Codemasters is even interested in true simulation for F1 which it certainly deserves. (Why not?)

I hope that it will support:
  • TrackIR / OpenTrack for VR possibilities
  • TriDef 3D
  • Out-of-the box support for VR's like Oculus and HTC Vive
  • Legendary controllers and wheels like the Logitech MOMO (still a great steering wheel!)
  • XBOX 360 Wireless Wheel (which is a Fanatic under the hood)
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I don't believe Codemasters is even interested in true simulation for F1 which it certainly deserves. (Why not?)
Simple - to get a bigger audience, because it's much more fun just jumping straight into the game and being competitive with default settings rather than spending hours on any sim (rFactor (2), Automobilista, even Asseto Corsa) to get that set-up correctly and maybe still be off the AI/MP pace... (Feel free to disagree with me, but that's what I mostly hear.) Also, since it's 3+, I don't think a 7/12 year old would be interested to play the sim they can't understand...

• ronniej

Simple - to get a bigger audience, because it's much more fun just jumping straight into the game and being competitive with default settings rather than spending hours on any sim (rFactor (2), Automobilista, even Asseto Corsa) to get that set-up correctly and maybe still be off the AI/MP pace... (Feel free to disagree with me, but that's what I mostly hear.) Also, since it's 3+, I don't think a 7/12 year old would be interested to play the sim they can't understand...

No disagreement here, I would say you nailed it.... Still a pity though.

Thanks for this. :thumbsup:
Here's my quick review, based on this quick pic I made.
wquiwx.jpg

Game version HAVE TO BIG FOV (field of view) ! I keep telling this but Codemasters guys I guess don't read Racedepartment. I guess they will never give up on too big FOV cause that gives you "greater sense of speed" and that's more important to CM. Sadly. (regarding what FOV does to onboard cam - just look at those behind the helmet Ferrari cams, they have low FOV and no big sense of speed. but they make us feel like "we are really there". i believe that's more important)
Then...
Cam should be more up, more forward and, what is very important - more titled down, just look at horizon on both pics.
The rest is good. lol
But I guess it's already too late now for any advices. Even if some CM guy somehow stumble here on CM. :p

I see now they use my great britain modified tracklight too, but wrong curbs colour. This is what codies made normally They give a sh... on details and created games for casual players on the market. When i see now F1 2016 it looks more athetical. But why they use modders work best skins for liveries Cams Physics all is rubbed. As I see the first corner on monaco in a video I was alert. That are my monaco colours. I´m sure codies has noot changed the colours on buildings when I have mod this big trackupddate for Monaco with all the real colours of surroundings. Now Monaco looks like a bit darker version of my update. I´ve worked over 850 hours on the update, that it looks like that. Now hungary comes on weekend and when I see my track again in a next aravaa video. I´m alerting codemasters. The only think that I want is a thank you and the new game for my hard work.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%