F1 2015 CodeMasters New Formula 1 Games Ideas

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Codemaster f1 2013 and f1 2014 games are the same with chassis and more but f1 2015 is not the same with the cars folder and me2 and all the other teams but everytime someone makes a mod and its from a new game and puts it on the old game you guys delete it but Codemaster can make that very easy for you by making new games with different files or even making it weird for people to understand This is for Codemasters and for you Thank you
Photos of f1 2013 with f1 2014 2015 mod
Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 4.29.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 4.35.24 PM.png

If you're asking: Should Codemasters allow modding? - then in a way I'd have to so no. As a modder myself, I'd very much like to be able to mod games, but to say that they "should" allow modding, as in expect or feel that they're obliged to do this then no, they don't have to do this at all. So I'd therefore partially feel inclined to vote in your poll with a "no" - but I haven't voted as it doesn't truly reflect my opinion on the subject.

If you're asking: Should Codemasters allow modding? - then in a way I'd have to so no. As a modder myself, I'd very much like to be able to mod games, but to say that they "should" allow modding, as in expect or feel that they're obliged to do this then no, they don't have to do this at all. So I'd therefore partially feel inclined to vote in your poll with a "no" - but I haven't voted as it doesn't truly reflect my opinion on the subject.
I tend to agree but ironically, if CM had made F1 2015 easy as it was with previous years, they would have unwittingly avoided a lot of backlash from us, because many of the annoyances that were and are still in this game could have been modded out.

Did not vote for same reason.

No its for ppl that use new games and put it in to old games so i said Change the files and Racedepartment will not have to delete the mod cuz it will not work if they put it in to old game but you can still mod but can't put it in to old games its for that so when f1 2016 comes out you can not put it in to f1 2015 or use any f1 2016 files :thumbsup:

No its for ppl that use new games and put it in to old games so i said Change the files and Racedepartment will not have to delete the mod cuz it will not work if they put it in to old game but you can still mod but can't put it in to old games its for that so when f1 2016 comes out you can not put it in to f1 2015 or use any f1 2016 files :thumbsup:
Taking assets from one game and placing them into another is obviously copyright infringement, and is therefore something the modding community either frowns on if not actually bans due to legal ramifications.

So directly turning an old game into a newer game, and vice versa, all from within internal assets is just plain bad for the gaming industry and community as this can damage sales due to being able to recycle content rendering new game purchases pretty much irrelevant...

...but indirectly turning an old game into a newer game, and vice versa, all from external assets (personal modders' creations) is just plain good for the industry and community as (Dick said earlier) we could all pull together and fix or just improve on the developers work, resulting in increased popularity and therefore sales.

However, I'll say though that if a developer has a franchise with annual releases that basically contains the same core system / engine every year, and only have a few chronological variables adjusted between releases, then they're obviously leaving the door wide open to the situation / issue in question. If they change things so significantly, i.e. from 2014 to 2015 and the community can't mod the newer game, then they're obviously entitled to do this, so in a way it doesn't really matter what we think, but if they're going to block us out then they better make damn sure they get the game right, or risk losing the entire F1 franchise rights.

As for the question of "if mods based on transferable content / assets should be allowed or banned on websites such as Race Department" - well, RD can chose to do whatever it wants to do, and I'm obviously not speaking on behalf of them, but if what you say of them removing content that has been made while infringing copyright rules is true, then I'd say that they're doing the right thing in accordance with the law, and respecting Codemasters' property.

Taking assets from one game and placing them into another is obviously copyright infringement, and is therefore something the modding community either frowns on if not actually bans due to legal ramifications.

So directly turning an old game into a newer game, and vice versa, all from within internal assets is just plain bad for the gaming industry and community as this can damage sales due to being able to recycle content rendering new game purchases pretty much irrelevant...

...but indirectly turning an old game into a newer game, and vice versa, all from external assets (personal modders' creations) is just plain good for the industry and community as (Dick said earlier) we could all pull together and fix or just improve on the developers work, resulting in increased popularity and therefore sales.

However, I'll say though that if a developer has a franchise with annual releases that basically contains the same core system / engine every year, and only have a few chronological variables adjusted between releases, then they're obviously leaving the door wide open to the situation / issue in question. If they change things so significantly, i.e. from 2014 to 2015 and the community can't mod the newer game, then they're obviously entitled to do this, so in a way it doesn't really matter what we think, but if they're going to block us out then they better make damn sure they get the game right, or risk losing the entire F1 franchise rights.

As for the question of "if mods based on transferable content / assets should be allowed or banned on websites such as Race Department" - well, RD can chose to do whatever it wants to do, and I'm obviously not speaking on behalf of them, but if what you say of them removing content that has been made while infringing copyright rules is true, then I'd say that they're doing the right thing in accordance with the law, and respecting Codemasters' property.
Yes but ppl must likely don't do screen shots and plus if there doing it with no watching they will not buy the new games so if they change the files they get ppl to buy new games

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back