F1 2016 Codemasters F1 2016 Survey Now Live - Have Your Say

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2016 Survey.jpg

Codemasters have launched a short online survey, as they look at ways to improve the game in future editions of the title. As an incentive to complete the brief questions, ten lucky submissions will be chosen at random to win sets of Formula One 2016 merchandise.

With F1 2016 widely regarded as the finest version of the series released by Codemasters, offering a dramatic improvement over recent lacklustre attempts by the studio, it will again be heartening to fans to hear the willingness of Codemasters to take on board comments from the gaming community.

The survey asks some relatively innocent questions, such as ranking your preferred features from 1 - 9, however plenty of free text fields gives a good opportunity for fans to voice their opinion directly to the studio.

As an additional incentive, ten sets of F1 2016 t-shirts, posters and lanyards will be given out at random to users who submit a response and leave their email address at the end of the survey.

F1 2016 Game Survey Prizes.jpg

The F1 2016 Codemasters Survey can be accessed here - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/X55R9FC

Survey T&Cs - http://blog.codemasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Survey-terms-and-conditions.pdf

F1 2016 is available for Windows PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One now.

The Codemasters Formula One 2016 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for community discussion and news regarding the latest F1 2016 game. Head over and check out the mods, or join in one of the excellent racing club events on offer.

Have you filled out the survey? How do you think F1 2016 compares to recent editions of the game? Are you happy to see Codemasters reaching out for more community interaction? Let us know in the comments section below!

Survey = just another marketing tool. No speed sensitivity for gpad is my biggest killer. It is set so high the steering is ridiculously slow and unplayable for me. Counter steering is near impossible and I can drive down the straight turning left & right with virtually no car movement. Give me the total freedom CM to setup my gpad to suit my needs. This feels like it is set for a 4 year old kid :( I broke a five year promise to buy this years edition and i am slowing realising i shouldn't have...

Last edited:
  • ronniej

I just completed the survey...I haven't purchased F1 2016 as I'm very happy with Assetto Corsa and rF2 in regards to my F1 needs. I also vowed not to support Codemasters after the F1 2015 mess. I also broke that promise by purchasing Dirt Rally (Another family member's fault)

F1 2016 lacking physics?.

You need to see a doctor.

I think once you get to know sims like AC and rF2 etc, you don't have the same thoughts in regards to console racing games when it comes to the term "physics"...Unless something drastic changed since F1 2015, them I'm of the same opinion as Blimey actually.

I just completed the survey...I haven't purchased F1 2016 as I'm very happy with Assetto Corsa and rF2 in regards to my F1 needs. I also vowed not to support Codemasters after the F1 2015 mess. I also broke that promise by purchasing Dirt Rally (Another family member's fault)

I think once you get to know sims like AC and rF2 etc, you don't have the same thoughts in regards to console racing games when it comes to the term "physics"...Unless something drastic changed since F1 2015, them I'm of the same opinion as Blimey actually.

Wait... What? You completed the survey but you haven't purchased or played the game?

That's just absolutely pathetic. You really need to try something before commenting. This years F1 sim is just that, a sim and far surpasses both of the titles you pointlessly mention in terms of F1 immersion and simulation, maybe not in pure physics. And I own both of them too.

Last edited:
Did the survey although i refunded within 30 minutes. But i doubt that CM will change there concept from console clone into a dedicated PC sim:whistling:.

How could they? They need to sell to all gamers not just a few PC simmers. They have done a wonderful job this year. It now surpasses Geoff Crammonds work for me.

That's just absolutely pathetic. You really need to try something before commenting. This years F1 sim is just that, a sim and far surpasses both of the titles you pointlessly mention in terms of F1 immersion and simulation, maybe not in pure physics. And I own both of them too.
Well, that is your opinion Andy. Accept that others may have another opinion and life becomes much easier for you:whistling:

My first F1 Game from CM (i guess? :confused:) and F1 2016 offers the best complete package from race-weekend, pitstop-strategy, tyre-compounds,tv-live feed, grid-girls and so on.... things i'm waiting since ages on those so-called 'true sims' like AC,R3E and co.

Didn't the old F1 Games had those historic-packages with Schumacher, Hill, Villneueve etc.... or was this an other game?!

How could they? They need to sell to all gamers not just a few PC simmers. They have done a wonderful job this year. It now surpasses Geoff Crammonds work for me.

Why do they "need to sell to all gamers" ?

Kunos and Reiza don't have this attitude yet deliver top quality sim content and have a far smaller budget than CM yet continue to deliver on their promise.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't even played F12016, I'm tempted though because what they done with Dirt Rally was exceptional and proved than can do sim stuff I'm just challenging your opinion that they have to sell to all gamers.
Surely what they done with Dirt Rally suggests otherwise?

Why do they "need to sell to all gamers" ?

Kunos and Reiza don't have this attitude yet deliver top quality sim content and have a far smaller budget than CM yet continue to deliver on their promise.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't even played F12016, I'm tempted though because what they done with Dirt Rally was exceptional and proved than can do sim stuff I'm just challenging your opinion that they have to sell to all gamers.
Surely what they done with Dirt Rally suggests otherwise?
It's because Reiza, Kunos or ISI don't have a huge World sport conglomerate on there back telling them what they can and can't do to their game...

Just finishing off the survey and got to give big kudos to Codies on this one, very thorough and well done survey. Can't say they aren't listening to what people think of the game when they release a survey as comprehensive as this, not something that is even slightly common in the gaming industry.

As Sam mentioned above, what seems to be glossed over and forgotten is that the FOM pretty much has complete control over what can and can't be done with the official F1 titles. Looking at content Codies have made outside of the F1 titles it's clear what they could achieve if the FOM weren't constantly clamping down on their work.

This year's game is a very positive step in the right direction though, clearly Codies managed to negotiate with the FOM to relax their grip on the license somewhat, hopefully a sign that things will continue to improve with future titles in the franchise.

It's because Reiza, Kunos or ISI don't have a huge World sport conglomerate on there back telling them what they can and can't do to their game...

... and those smaller studios which can decide all by theirself are far more sensitive to any suggestions. Doesn't mean the 'big studios' listen to all suggestions but atleast they see their game from a global point where physics alone doesn't make an entertaining game/sim.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%