F1 2016 Codemasters F1 2016 Survey - Have Your Say

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
f1 2016 Survay.jpg

Back in late 2015 the team over at British development studio Codemasters promised Formula One fans greater influence over future developments to the game franchise, now the team are starting to make good that promise with the launch of a new fans survey aimed at gathering opinions for development of the 2016 iteration of the game.

F1 2015 launched last year amid much fanfare around the new graphics and game engine improvements pitched to take the title to the "next level" and offer a marked improvement over previous releases of the F1 game series. Sadly Codemasters failed to deliver on expectations and many fans were left feeling somewhat short changed with the high number of game breaking bugs and confusing development choices that left out many core aspects of the game people felt should be included on day one release, such as a robust career mode, safety car inclusion and regular in season updates to liveries / drivers and visual changes.

To their credit Codemasters acknowledged where the new title failed to meet expectations and towards the end of 2015 worked hard at improving community communications by hiring new Social Media Manager Jenny to improve interaction and gather more fan feedback for the F1 series of games.

Late into 2015 Jenny promised fans greater interaction with the development of the new 2016 F1 game, seen by many fans as Codemasters final attempt to release an F1 game worthy of the pinnacle open wheel series in the world. Work has already begun to interact further with a recent opportunity for fans to come over to the teams Birmingham studio and enjoy a sneak peak of the new Work in Progress title and offer opinions about the game. With over 100 applications the team at Codemasters managed to whittle down the final number to 8 individuals who attended the sessions over the 14th - 16th March.

If you were one of the lucky attendees, please post here at RaceDepartment and tell us about your day!

Codemasters have now launched a fans survey available for anyone to contribute (without the need for registration) aimed at helping the studio "understand how you like to play F1 2015 and how you’d like to see F1 games progress. Your answers will help us to shape the franchise".

Please don't miss this interesting opportunity to tell Codemasters how you want the series to grow, you can access the F1 2016 game fans survey here.

With a disappointing 2015 release now part of history, lets hope Codemasters finally find that magic ingredient and bring out a title Formula One fans can be proud of in 2016.

Do you think F1 2016 can be a classic F1 game? Did you participate in the recent studio tour? Have you completed the survey - what do you think of the questions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Just finished all the questions and this is not the kind of survey I was waiting for. If this is going to be a majority vote I fear the worst for '16.

First couple of questions have mistakes in them. Le Man Series, really?

Codies001.jpg

Option to choose which kind of F1 games you play and then basically asking only feedback about F1 2015. People like myself that have stopped buying F1 2015 did this for a specific reason and we can't be heard with this survey when the majority of the questions are about F1 2015. It should be about Formula 1 and race gaming in general.

PC lan support is listed as an option but again for the seventh year in a row dedicated servers aren't even named. Why do Codemasters keep on ignoring this feature for so long now. What can be the reason that all major multiplayer racing sims have dedicated server support except for Codemasters?

This whole 2016 survey sounds more like a feature re-adjustment of F1 2015 to me. If they want real feedback invite a whole bunch of players to your studio and interview them (you have my number :D). Or sent out a survey with only open questions instead of the current one that will not give you any insights of what players really want to see in your games. The current survey has the look and feel of a college project from an intern.

Classic content and sim oriented features and physics FTW! Also found an online co op mode a great idea as long as it comes with a save feature.

Like others i stopped playing F1 games a while ago, mostly because current F1 sucks to me and it has been the equivalent of EA's Fifa on the football scene; repackage and sell over and over each year.

I'd agree if it were a FIA WEC game :) But Formula 1 is an individual sport for me when it comes to driving.

Why not go out of the box and let one driver race the car and let the friend do the pitcrew/teammanager tasks or even become your personal manager/assistant. I'd love to see such features in a game that simulates reality.

I every question I could I asked for realistic handling, similar to more hardcore games like AMS.
If you see the suggestions for F1 2015 and features you like to see, I think it will be the same game with career mode back with only some graphic gimmicks like helmet views, celebration laps and other non-important stuff.

I hope for once, we will get a simulation F1 game. The first since GP4 if I am correct.

I only race online here in my mancave with 2 to 4 set-ups and friends off course :)
Playing the serie from the first one with 4 licencies every year.
In the past i had to make long UTP cables and to my neighbours, as with my ziggo internet 120 down / 20 up is could not race on every single system te same (lots of lagging)
Now i have changed to fiberglass 500down/500up and still i have problems with playing in a lan online.
I have a fully giga network with 5e cat cable cisco switchs etc etc

Playing one race simualtor not a problem at all
tried every one seperate !!!!!!!

I use high end systems with 6700K and titan X 32 GB on mem and with fast PCI-E ssd cards
so no hardware issues here :)

PLEASE cm change this ! as we have other online racing games and they don't have this problem !

I told'em to focus on career mode, why would i play something like AMS and rFactor 2 but with worse handling and bugs? If they want to be successful they need to shine where others sim struggle.

Also:
- option for manual pit lane;
- i always felt like AI has traction control, it becomes more evident in wet conditions, if i'm right take that off
- possibility to use personal dedicated servers, i wrote this in the survey 3 times, it's unbelievable that games with 1/10 of their budget have this and they after 6 years do not. :poop:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 409 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 279 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 275 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 321 12.9%