F1 2016 Codemasters F1 2016 Released

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
F1-2016.jpg
Featuring all the official drivers, teams and tracks from the 2016 Formula One season, the release day for Codemasters latest Formula One iteration is finally here.

Making it's return to the series is the Safety Car, along with the newly implemented Virtual Safety Car (VSC) and a host of new and improved features such as manual starts and formation laps. Players will be able to create their own character, personalise their own helmet and choose a racing number for their career.

F1 2016 is the official video game of the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ and features the full 2016 season calendar of 21 tracks, including the brand new Baku circuit in Azerbaijan, and the full roster of 22 drivers and 11 teams, including the new Haas F1 Team.

Many fans believe this to be the true successor to the original F1 2010 game with a greater focus on "Living the Life", as players will have to deal with media commitments, driver contracts and emails. In addition to these welcome improvements comes far more engaging practice sessions as drivers will need to complete programs and goals for the Free Practice sessions which are vital for the team's Research and Development program.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...earch-alias=videogames&field-keywords=f1+2016
F1 2016 is available for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4 here

Do you own F1 2016? What are your impressions so far? Let us know!

At last. A solid F1 title from Codemasters. Like others, I'm very pleasantly surprised thus far. Running it on PC with three monitors and although triple screen isn't properly supported, the ability to position all your screen info in the middle monitor is a very welcome feature (maybe it was in 2015, but I ran out of patience quickly with that beta test). Rewarding to drive with my G27 and the Time Trial mode is huge multiplayer fun - and that's coming from a single player fanatic! Biggest criticisms to date are that you still can't save replays, which is a huge shame because they do look great, plus there's still the slim lap percentage choices. I also spotted that the mirror view at Baku isn't right at all, but to be fair the quality of the mirror view is much better than before and you can even adjust the angle! All in all I reckon there are hundreds of hours of fun in F1 2016. Builds on the solid Codies comeback with Dirt Rally. At last the development team is really listening to the community, rather than the old modus operandi of the previous incumbents who pretended to listen and went on to produce yet another inept arcade game. I think this title is going to turn more than a few heads in the sim community. Not perfect, of course, but a very powerful statement of intent from the developer.

Is there a mod to get rid of the announcers (Croft & Davidson, I think)? Every time I hear them, I think of puppet corporate stooges and media filler that reeks of cow dung. If a mod exists, I will go PC much sooner.

I've only put in an hour or so at the moment. And most of that time was setting the game up. Steering felt terrible on my Fanatec CSW V1 until I took all the assists off and added about 50 to saturation. Still needs work.
Pedals work fine
Graphics had to be dumbed down for me from Ultra High to High as I was getting jitters and lows of 47 fps. This is on an i7 3770k with 8GB ram and Palit GTX 780 Super JetStream card.
Still looks great but I want to be able to enjoy it at full whack which looks like a GPU upgrade for me...

Not totally convinced by the FFB quite yet as you seem to lose the back end without too much feeling in the wheel to attempt a save. Maybe this is real. I haven't driven a real F1 car before... lol
ERS... what ERS?
No mention of it at all. No keys to bind to the function as it doesn't exist...
They've had it on previous games so why is it not present here? No engine management at all. But we've been kinda spoilt by Kunos with their image of a previous year F1 car which is mind-blowingly technical.
Maybe push to pass or defend isn't there in F1 today?
Obviously there is no mention of MGU H or K as they don't exist either...

For an official game it's missing some major parts of what makes F1 great today.

But I also agree that there does look to be a lot going on and it's going to be hours of fun playing through it all.

This looks like it will be the best of the F1 games so far. I'll buy it purely for my love of offline racing and F1 in general. I'll get it tonight when I get back from work and start my career with Haas. I'm not bothered about complicated engine management systems or setups, I just want to have some Formula 1 fun. And this hopefully will fit the bill quite nicely. Any one moaning about the simulation aspects might as well go to Assetto Corsa and hot lap in a Ferrari. This game is for fun.
:thumbsup:

The game is not finished, it has issues on a large variety of steering wheels.
My G27 is not recongnised by the game, also has issues with G920, some models from Fanatec even if this types of wheels are in the official list that Codemasters published.
I can`t play this game at the moment and i won`t play it until they patch the game.
Very dissapointed...:(

Pretty happy so far. FFB is decent. Had a issue with my GSync monitor and not being able to see some menus due to high frame rate (144Hz) had to knock it down to lower frequency in the in game GFX settings menu.

GFX are pretty demanding. It looks pretty but had to turn a few things down on my O'Cd i5 and GTX 970 which surprised me somewhat. It still looks nice but I thought I would have had enough to max it.

Glad chromatic aberration has now gone compared to 2015!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back