Codemasters Community Survey on Rally/Off-Road Games

Codemasters are currently running a survey on what consumers would like to have in a rally/off-road game.

The survey is incredibly detailed, which I think is excellent. If there's anything you want to see in a rally or off-road game, now is your chance to express your opinion!

The survey closes on Feb 14 2013. By completing it you can stand the chance to win a goodie bag from Codemasters.

The survey can be found on the Codemasters Facebook page

Bram Hengeveld - perhaps yourself or one of the other staff members could please consider posting something about this under 'latest news' or somewhere on the main page of this site? I think it's important because rally/off-road sim racing fans might finally be able to get a chance to have the game they want! :)

You and everybody else is free submit your their articles to the frontpage too mate :) Just click the graphic in the sidebar of the site and follow the instructions on screen.

Don't think it matters what consumers think. If we say cockpit view they say bonnetview :)

You and everybody else is free submit your their articles to the frontpage too mate :) Just click the graphic in the sidebar of the site and follow the instructions on screen.

Don't think it matters what consumers think. If we say cockpit view they say bonnetview :)

cool thanks Bram. well one of the questions is actually what driving view you use the most, so the more people that say cockpit view the more likely they are to include a cockpit view ;)

Well wasn't it Codemasters themselves said that they monitored all the statistics about people driving in cockpitview?

They dont need a marketing campaign survey really, just reading the internet is enough :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/2012/08/grid-2-codemasters-is-lying-to-its-fans/

and all those pissed-off people now have a chance to indicate in the survey that they use cockpit view all the time :) from the post on the Codies blog that article links to, I see they got the '5% only use cockpit view' stat from the telemetry data from their servers. that is one type of data, collecting survey data is a different type, so i guess they want to see if the results from the two different types converge. probably especially since they got seriously taken to task for omitting cockpit view from Grid 2.

the survey is incredibly detailed though and doesn't only ask about that. it also asks stuff like what manufacturers you want to see in a rally game, what drivers you think are important, what aspects of car customization are important to you, and all sorts of things.

i would strongly encourage anyone who has an interest in rally/off-road racing games to do it. it's quite long, but you get a chance to have your say with regards to what you want to see in the next CM rally game :)

dammit i completely forgot about ice-racing when i did it! i did mention that i wanted longer and more detailed stages. i basically selected all the 'proper rally' type options in all the questions too.

from the looks of the survey it seems like CM might be considering trying to get a proper rally license, like WRC or ERC

Cool Idea.

Personally I think cockpit view is only useful/realistic if your rich enough to have a 3 monitor setup. I'm not.:(

Unless I'm driving an open cockpit car, then I'll use cockpit view.

a little bit off-topic, but anyone else remember this Codemaster's game? There were two for the Sega mega-drive/genesis and also one for the PS2 as well :)

Micro_Machines_V3_cover.jpg

edit: damn, there were actually quite a few of those games according to wikipedia

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back