• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Codemasters announce return of GRID franchise - GRID 4 set to release this September.

Discussion in 'GRID 4' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 21, 2019.

1. Graham Botha

Graham Botha

Ratings:
    +601
    LMAO - The secret is Black Friday deals on Amazon and not to buy from local businesses who charge crazy prices like 12k+ for the HTC Vive.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  2. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,563
    I bought the Oculus CV1 for an acquaintance last year for 6.4k. Still too expensive for me though - definitely not justified anyway.

3. Graham Botha

Graham Botha

Ratings:
    +601
    Not cheap but still more cost effective than running a triple 27" setup, but to each their own and one's budget dictates whether one can justify the expense. Windows MR headsets are also "reasonable" for sim racing, support not withstanding and VR as a whole is still quite a compromise. It took a long time for me to take the plunge because its pricey. Can't say that I regret it though.

4. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +491
    Did GRID2 afaik and enjoyed it as simple fun. When a career mode or Championship is made with all the bells and whistles then that can make up for the arcade handling and still provide Entertainment. I did test however GRID Autosport and it was AWFUL. If this is anything like that then no buy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Niels_at_home

Niels_at_home
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +388
    Judging by the trailer, day racing will be paid DLC? ;-)

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. dubsox

dubsox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm waiting for them to ruin it with a lack of launch day content, pre-order bonuses, post-launch roadmaps, always online DRM and other lovely anti-consumer practices. No thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. galefoce97

galefoce97

Ratings:
    +7
    I hesitant about this game. Grid 1 was a lot of fun, Grid 2 was a bit rough and Grid Autosport was good but something just felt off. I'm hoping this game is somewhere in between Grid 1 and Grid Autosport

8. Raymond 18

Raymond 18

Ratings:
    +9
    Surprise!

In this video, CodemastersofDLCs has recycled once again the SF track (Race Driver Grid & Grid Autosport).
    I'm sure they will recycle in the same manner some cars from previous games such as Nissan GT-R (2009 version), Honda NSX-R or McLaren P1... and even cars from DiRT 2.0 (BMW M1 Procar?).

EDIT : A.I. seems a little bit brutal in this video :O_o:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Graham Botha

Graham Botha

Ratings:
    +601
    Hope those interiors gets some proper modeling. In the current state it's not much better than the previous 2 installments.

10. makan

makan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +148
    This game's nothing more than a remaster of 2007's original game with all that yellowish color all over the place.
    They should rename themselves to CodRemasters!

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Anurag006

Anurag006

Ratings:
    +24
    I remember GRID 1...that yellow tinted Game... LeMans Race with R10....and those Night Togue.... Memories

12. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira

Ratings:
    +99
    was gonna say ...fool me once yadda yadda ... but then i remembered that since the original toca this guyz fooled me a gazzilion times lol :)

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +477
    Hopefully there is FFB in the WSAD keys

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Spinelli

Spinelli

Ratings:
    +249
    That doesn't look equivalent to F1 / Dirt 2.0. It looks way more arcadey. Judging from this one video, it seems too arcadey. Looks pretty bad to be honest. Are the same guys who worked on Dirt 2.0 or F1 working on this? I know it's codemasters but it could be a totally different internal team of people.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +690
    Does Codemasters still require folks to unlock levels?
    I haven't owned a CM game since, well...forever.
    Always seemed like a 'money-grubbing' company to me.
    Have they ever released anything as a simple 'thank you' to their customers?

16. liby88

liby88

Ratings:
    +17
    i can´t understand how people can like to play a racegame like this.
    and than guys who play this think they are good drivers and drive like maniacs on public roads?

17. Mascot

Mascot
    Card-carrying mod whore

Ratings:
    +927
    I look forward to doing billboard sets when the tracks are inevitably converted to AC.
    :p

18. wombat999

wombat999
    Premium

Ratings:
    +332
    DILLIGAF..........:roflmao:

19. stoffel1403

stoffel1403

Ratings:
    +2
    Just think about the latest NFS bull s***. You got cards as reward. But you could also buy these cards in a shop for real money.

20. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +412
    Yes you can but you don´t need to. I had over 200hrs fun with Payback and never bought anything ^^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.