Cockpits are confusing :)

So I'm planning to get a TH8A shifter for my setup but for that I need a cockpit. Looking trough all the options and have no idea which ones are good which ones aren't. Many don't get delivered to my country. My budget is 200 euros max. Anyone have any suggestions?

I went with a GT Omega wheel stand with the option to extend to a full seat setup. My brother did that. Also options like shifter base are available. This way you can upgrade step by step and not spend lots of $$$ from the beginning.
Not sure GT Omega ships to your country, I had it shipped to Germany no prob.

Still very satisfied with the setup in conjunction with a comfy sofa, but tweaked it to suit my tastes. Heck I'm even now looking into enhancing the thing (bracing for added stiffness). :)

If I would be in the market for a full rig setup, I'd seriously consider the Simetik K2 rig albeit above your budget (which is really low for a ready solution tbh). If you're into building, you could use 80/20 aluminium profiles and one of the many build suggestions on the net! But even there 200€ is maybe not enough. You'd need an extra seat additionally to a sim rig base of course!
Haven't looked into Sparco, RaceRoom, Fanatec and other vendors, but would think they are mostly over your budget.

Consider buying second hand!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If it was me, before buying this and spending the same amount of money, I would make an aluminium rig by myself who will be stronger and with much more room to add things if I'll need it.
This was 2 years ago now, I was doing GCSEs and didn't have the time. After A levels I have a summer to muck about with the rig, so that may well happen :D

Upvote 0
Nope, deffo Pro. Still have the Email reciept and the proof is what's sitting in my garage. Will put it up in show your cockpit later :)
Thanks for the clarification, missed the no frills Pro edition on the website. Didn't mean to doubt you for having the item. Looks to be a solid contender for the money!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the clarification, missed the no frills Pro edition on the website. Didn't mean to doubt you for having the item. Looks to be a solid contender for the money!
That's what I thought at the time, though aluminium profile would have been my pick if I had the time when I oroginally set up the rig. I did want something with resale value too in case I didn't enjoy the hobby

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing