F1 2017 Cockpit View

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

I'd like to ask if there is option to enable HUD when in cockpit view. In F1 2016 the HUD was available in all views except the cockpit. Is this the same this year? Also is it possible to make the cockpit view completely static (no look to apex etc.) - again in F1 2016 this wasn't possible.

Is F1 2017 different in this regard?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'd like to ask if there is option to enable HUD when in cockpit view. In F1 2016 the HUD was available in all views except the cockpit. Is this the same this year? Also is it possible to make the cockpit view completely static (no look to apex etc.) - again in F1 2016 this wasn't possible.

Thanks.
It's possible, yes. Can be done the same way as last year (yes, it was possible, there were mods for it, I was searching around the 2016 forums and stumbled across them). I currently need to update my OSD mods for the latest patch so I have no time right now to create your request.
Enabling HUD in Cockpit View simply means to re-arrange an existing camera view to a 2nd cockpit cam, this way (and only this way) the HUD will be available.
Static cam should be possible the same way as last year.

Thanks for the reply.

Well, I meant if it's possible natively in the game. I know there are mods for it, but I don't like to use them, since they break almost every time a new patch is released.

The problem is convenience. If I get used to OSD in the cockpit view I "won't be able" to play without it until author updates the mod. And as we know, some mods won't get updated ever. That's why I'm trying to avoid mods. No big deal, just a convenience.

Hi,

Thanks.
Yes it's possible. There are now camera options for shaking, look to apex etc. You can set them to zero if you want a static cockpit cam. As regards your other question I know of no HUD in cockpit view.

The problem is convenience. If I get used to OSD in the cockpit view I "won't be able" to play without it until author updates the mod. And as we know, some mods won't get updated ever. That's why I'm trying to avoid mods. No big deal, just a convenience.
If you'd want it. I'd create it, maybe at the weekend. As it would be pretty simple to keep it updated, I'd keep it uptodate.

What is it from the HUD that people want to view that they can't get from the wheel in cockpit view?
The DRS countdown bar?
The suggested gear?
The REVs?

I admit I was disappointed in F1 2012 (when i switched to the cockpit view) that i was unable to view that HUD, but I adapted quite quickly without it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 124 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.8%