F1 2010 Cockpit view POLL

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I moved to cockpit view only recent and decided to make some questions poll to all my friends online here in F1 2010 about if they are using that view or gonna move on to it.

Think that will be interesting for all to know results as some of them asked.
Feel free to comment if you are thinking its much harder to drive in cockpit or not.
And if it is necessary for fair racing simulation and so on.

Here is who answered yes or no for cockpit view so far.
(if not missed some answers) its like:

29 people YES
13 people NO

Start of the list
___

Abarok60
i always play with the t-cam view, but i play all the time without all the assists

akaak24

AlexeyRus

AlexTheWeb
im playing multiplayer with 20 fps but if you are realy fast nothink can stop you :) i play with the cam that is installed top of the car.

Andrew Bortz
using the cockpit atm aswell but no mods Most of the time I race with cockpit for RD races anyway

BAK52

BBtigi

BendingUnt1tled

BoringWaif010

ClassicSnowy

CrazierRex1
..я могу попробовать поездить с таким видом, самые конкурентно способные пилоты едут из кокпита чтоль?

CrossfadeKill

crystal280184

Desty1978
I allways am in cockpit view

DIM dimidrol

DionCaesar
I ALWAYS race in cockpit view.

djklemzo

DragonSyr
i dont like cockpitview. i used to play f1 99'02 cockpitview. this game i dont like this because is not smooth..

EL ToRRo82

europass

ExtremeF1

fGwUnohoo
I installed a different cockpit view - a mod - which is better because it gives me the rear view mirrors

Fungaris

FurriesX
I always use cockpit view! have done since Geoff Crammonds F1GP in 1991 :)

G1 Bronka
Camera is a matter of choice.

G1 Gledson

GAS RAGNAR

GGrievous91
i started recently to use the cockpit view

grabra
I drive withthe higer view from cockpit. Looks like cocpit only higher up and further back

grisfiske
yes cockpit all races

Gromikum

HAMALO
cockpit yes italien too

HerMcDerp
I use the RD 'realistic cameras' mod for that.

Igor Reshetnik

ImpulsivePlay3r
Im now using the cockpit all the time

Italianred
I think cockpit is harder ye

JohnPaulJ
yes

JorgeFone

Jungli5t UK

kardin121

KILLBILL8000

kipp1973
i race with modded view.

kKruiZz

konstanisim
Вот так на мой взгляд намного и интересней и правдоподобней....Меня ты уговорил, я попытаюсь рекса уговорить....

kross53

LapslT
i play with T cam on cockpit view im slower like evrybody do it

Mezenov

MichaDaWave
i always use cockpit view. pretty cool race man ;) cya later ! CrazierRex1 is using t-cam/helmet view then you mean ?

miloserdov UA

MKC Dannyboy
i dont drive cockpit sorry and my friends the most front view sry

MKC LolinFOX
i don't use cockpit view i use view just behind driver

mKc Ziggel

mrphilies

NaikeRus
Если б в этой игре можно было бы принудительно ограничить вид , то так и сделали бы , но ....

NarrowBackWing
yes

NATTAP
cockpit view for real

OlegYM

paddy291090
yes, but with a mod, so i see a lil more

pietrofantastic
I always use cockpitview

Puzoter
Да, всегда езжу с видом из кокпита.

raph0s
doing perfectly fine. But i am not faster with this cam

Rene04277

Roadrunner166

Rolly Dy
no I use TV-cam always

rudja

Rus25Djon

s14bravoo

SamFisher73 PL

Schumacher2010

Shamanzombii

Silicnt

slim0mils
allways race cop pit view, not sure sbout the other two though i do get suprised when hear certain divers drive in different veiws

spider1982lu

spondooliks
yes always cockpit now i made my own cockpit view mod

StasszZigaa
Я за езду без хелпов ехал с онборда, но с кокпита тоже могу в этом темпе

SternDima
Well at first i was playing with t-cam view but now im playing with cockpit view

sziszifusz

TooEpicForME
i use modded cockpit view

Treveready

Unbaised

victorovich75

ViperKnight24k

VirtualKarting

VixenishDrop25
I almost never use a cockpit view, but very interest.. im a bit slowly, but less times of my mistakes...

xxStrutterxx

xyto1984
I drive above helmet vie ( think it's t-cam ). I always prefered cockpit-view, but in my opinion the game was developed for "t-cam".

Yury85
соц опрос?)) 1. Не…

yvanmuller683
Most of my Friends drive with the Cam over the Helmet at the Airbox. It's better and easyier to look in the Corners.

Zomacher
I used to race from cockpit view till I realised it slows me down! Driving from t-cam is much easier!

end of list
THANKS
___

Cockpit view, slightly modified, as seen on the right (original on left)
moddedcockpitviewsilverstone005.jpg
Also with look to apex & tilting horizon, as found in Realistic cameras mod Realistic Cameras mod
View attachment 35264

Attachments

• moddedcockpitviewsilverstone001.jpg
    moddedcockpitviewsilverstone001.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 246
I've played int t-cam view since the game came out, but the other day tried cockpit view ina grand prix mode. Finding it more realistic and a bit more challenging, just wish the view would be a bit higher so I could see more of the track.

Edit: So apparenlty F1GP wasn't released until 1992, either way its a while ago!

In the later version of the game - Grand Prix 4 - the cockpit view had a visor - a small touch but it made it more realistic - even if the ride was so smooth you could have been on a hovercraft. I like the bumpy F1 2010 cockpit experience.

Been in copckpit view pretty much since the start. Just more realistic (even without the mods which I am so jealous of!!!)

However, since starting online and finding myself in the various different cars that I have never tried before I have sometimes gone back to the rollbar cam when in the Mercedes and Ferrari. I found those both horrible to drive from the cockpit at first. I did manage to complete an online sprint race from the cockpit in the Mercedes yesterday evening for the first time so I guess it's just getting used to it really but that Merc nose still seems way too high for me.

I find cockpit view more difficult and think that any other niew should be seen as an "assist".

I started with T-cam and Line Asist (which I am now almost ashamed of, even thoug I must admit it made the learing process faster).
Now I only play cockpit view and no assists (including green line) and I will never go back, this is how the game should be played.

I have only ever driven in cockpit view and I only ever will drive in cockpit view. But I have tried a few different FOV mods and went back to the default view for one simple reason. Dicking around with the FOV caused my mirrors to not be visible. Sure you can't see much from your mirrors (and you can't see much in real world Formula car mirrors). But they can still come in handy.

Im not comfortable with the cockpit view, but thats probably just because im not used to it. Ever f1 game ive played i've prefered the "TV camera above cockpit" view. In real life, being in cockpit wouldnt be so bad (although still difficult, Martin Brundle described it as "looking out from inside a bathtub", but on the TV screen you cant have the same peripheral vision, and therefore your total view is limited. Even with widescreen you dont got as good a view as you would in real life, thats why i prefer the above cockpit view, it allows you see much more. If your going into a tight bend, with the inside cockpit view, it becomes "guesswork", because the apex of the corner is out sight because the edge of your screen doesnt extent that far.

corners that should be blind not being blind with Tcam makes cockpit view the only way to drive if you want the maximum sim experience imo. On some tracks Tcam can be a huge advantage for this very reason.

That said , the default cockpit views in this game are crap, and damn near undriveable for some cars, so a cam mod is necessary. I use the RD 'realistic cameras' mod for that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 283 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%