Cockpit Suggestions

Hi all,

This is probably in the wrong forum or something but anyway. This is my rig at the mo:

lightbox

Can anyone think of any mods I could do to it to make it better. It would have to be cheap as I'm a bit short of money at the mo :tongue: . I currently have the problem of being too close to the pedals and the seat keeps moving when I'm driving. I cant think of any cheap solutions so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :D .

Thanks,
James

P.S sorry people, not very good at adding images :p
right click on the broken image and click open in a new window and it will work :)

I currently have the problem of being too close to the pedals and the seat keeps moving when I'm driving.
Hi, James. If you haven't tried this, a quick (and free) way to move yourself away from the pedals a bit (assuming they're already pushed up against the wall) can be to just move your desk, and consequently your wheel, just enough until the arm distance to the wheel and leg distance to the pedals are to your liking.

Regarding the moving seat, I'm assuming you mean that it's moving backwards. One quick thing to try is get a set of those non-skid rubber "chair feet protectors" and see if they keep the chair where you want it.

Upvote 0
I hadn't thought about moving the desk :p . Thats a good idea, I'll give it a go a bit later on when my computer is off. With the chair, your correct. I meant it kept moving backwards when I brake. Must be a bit too enthusiastic! I was thinking about building a rig out of wood and getting rid of the desk but it would have to be really compact or be bale to fold away as my parents think my room is a mess before I go and put a massive rig in the middle of it :p

Upvote 0
<snip> I was thinking about building a rig out of wood and getting rid of the desk but it would have to be really compact or be bale to fold away as my parents think my room is a mess before I go and put a massive rig in the middle of it :p

On the up side, the more floor space you cover, the less mess you can make on it :)

Let your dad have a go too, then thats him onside. Mother is then out voted :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back