Cockpit camera adjustment

Anyone know how to adjust the cockpit camera? I can move the cockpit view forward and back and up and down, but I need it to tilt down. I tried using the "camera tilt down" command after I mapped it to my number keypad but that doesn't work.

Hmmmm. Obviously, you have better eyesight than I do.

I don't see it.

My list shows:
Driving View (no tilt adjustment for the cockpit view)
Look left
Look right
Rear look
Toggle Free Look
Zero Free Look
adjust seat forward
Adjust seat backward
Adjust seat up
Adjust seat down
Camera tilt up
Camera tilt down (tried mapping this and it does nothing to the cockpit driving view)
Toggle Free Look
Zero Free Look

Last edited:
I have read and re-read my original post.....maybe my original post wasn't clear.
Let me clarify......... "I can move the cockpit view forward and back and up and down, but I need it to tilt down."
"forward and back and up and down" corresponds to
adjust seat forward
Adjust seat backward
Adjust seat up
Adjust seat down
Now....if someone could tell me how to get the view to TILT downward. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for trying though, sport.

*EDIT
I suffer from blurred vision when I play racing games/sims.
I learned about "correct FOV" and tried it out. No more blurred vision. With the correct FOV (between .4 and .5), I see the wide strip at the top of the windshield and then the very top of the dashboard - depending on the car. If I lower the camera, the dashboard partially blocks my view of the track - depending on the dashboard shape.

I'm trying to get the cockpit cam to stay at the same position. But to tilt downward so I see less of the top of the windshield and see more of the dashboard. I maintain my view of the track and can see shift lights, tach. Toggle hud? let's not go there.

Last edited:
Thanks James.
I appreciate the suggestions. I have gone to both of those also.

I'd love to be able to see the revs (since I'm new to this). That way I can determine if I'm in the wrong gear for a particular corner - until I learn to recognize it by ear.
Perfect example was my Leaderboard challenge effort in my DMD P21 prototype at the Red Bull Ring. I found myself in the wrong gears in turn 2, 3....heck - just about most of the turns. The car is so quiet compared to DTM cars - or maybe I'm deaf too. Maybe I'll have another go at it, once I learn how to setup a car. Until then, default settings will have to do.

Another reason I wanted to see the dash lights....
One of the toggle hud options (what I call The Porsche hud, since it looks like the tach in the Porsche) is one of the toggle options. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how it works. when all 3 lights go red, I thought you shift. But they come on way before the dashboard shift light. So I ended up short shifting all the time in the Ford GT GT3 Leaderboard challenge (also at Red Bull Ring). That one hurt.

Any and all tips for this old man is greatly appreciated.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 442 39.6%