cockpit and oculus quest 2 airlink - do you all keep a mouse and keyboard near?

I figured this was different topic - I have my cockpit and wheel about 12 ft from my pc, the usb to wheel working fine. Using Oculus quest 2 airlink and so far looks great. What do you all do to start the races, make selections in game etc.? My KB and mouse at the pc are wired - should I get a USB KB/touchpad combo to keep near the wheel - or wireless I suppose. Either way - is this what any of you all do? A second kB/mouse?

I was hoping with airlink i could use an oculus controller to select in game, but it does not appear that way.

Thanks again for all the setup help. Almost there.

Using a Quest. I keep a wireless mouse in the cockpit to select apps during a race or changing tires. You should be able to bind everything you need to the wheel. From start to finish I typically have no need to touch a steering wheel.

In fact I do not even use the Oculus controllers. Launch Oculus Home on your PC. Launch the race from Content Manager, then put the headset on and you are good to go. I have no real need for a keyboard or ever touching the Oculus controllers

I have a 43" TV wall mounted at the front of the cockpit that I use for visual setup, mainly for Content Manager. The keyboard is very helpful when making modifications. Easy to see everything on the TV, then launch the race and toss the VR headset on

Last edited:
As much as I typically despise wireless mice, I have a BT mouse I just bring to my cockpit (behind my desk chair). I have the cockpit in a corner and a floating shelf mounted nearby that I use the mouse on. I've had this particular setup since last September, but previously I'd just use the mouse on my leg or the floor beside the cockpit at other places I've lived.

I just picked up a Quest 2 on Monday, though, so now I'm experimenting with various combinations of AirLink and Virtual Desktop to try to get to a point where I don't need to remove the HMD between sessions, so I'll have the Touch controllers nearby for those situations. Better than removing the headset and squinting at my monitor, I figure.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back