Cockpit advice?

Hello Race depo members.

Recently upgraded from g920 to full setup of fanatec clubsport v.25 with csl elite pedals + loadcell. handbreak, shifter. the whole deal.

Now I am looking into buying sim racing cockpit and need little help from your expertise.

I've been looking at Next level racing with the seat and also open wheeler and some GTR cockpits.

I have no idea how rigid they are and review videos on youtube doesn't really do justice.

My budget is around $800 (must include seat)
Less the better lol.

Might be willing to squeeze out more $ and spend little bit more than my budget if the upgrade and product quality is better.

I am open to any cockpit as long as they are very rigid for the wheelbase mounting and also shifter mount. (Very Important)
NOTE: I'am not a serious sim racer as I got into it recently and planning on using VR instead of 3 monitor set up. so monitor stand isnt a must for me.

And suggestions and opinions will be greatly appriciated.

(Again, racing seat must be included within the budget)

Thank you guys in advance.

was looking into DIY but due to working 60+ hrs a week, my free time is very limited (my best excuse) Would like to take a easy way and just buy one and pay the price.

As for the sim-lab, I see that it is based in Europe. Do they deliver to US?

Upvote 0
I have a GT omega pro, they are cheap and come with a seat but the seat is rubbish. The rig itself is pretty basic, it doesn't have a lot of adjustability, I find the wheel too low and there's not a whole lot I can do about it without making new parts myself. But it's an improvement on sitting at a desk.

80/20 aluminium extrusion seems like the best solution. It is kind of pricey, although in comparison to some of the other high end rigs it's good value for money. You can buy the aluminium from trade merchants and make the connectors yourself but it could end up costing you as much time and money as just buying the ones you know work from a company that knows what they're doing. $800 puts you right in that price range, the seat seems to be one of the biggest costs so if it's pushing you over budget you could probably source one second hand.

I've been tempted to build one myself, I can get the aluminium at trade prices and can make the rest, I'm just too lazy.

Upvote 0
4playracing seems pretty nice. How are they with shipping? and are the pretty simple to mount any racing seats?
Also, will it fit my fanatec set up out of the box or would I need to make an adjustment?

Same here Turk. no time + laziness got me.

Upvote 0
4playracing seems pretty nice. How are they with shipping? and are the pretty simple to mount any racing seats?
Also, will it fit my fanatec set up out of the box or would I need to make an adjustment?

Same here Turk. no time + laziness got me.
I've order some accessories from 4playracing on eBay and can say they've been very helpful. I did email 4playracing prior to placing an order and the response was fast and to the point. Getting ready to order a cockpit from them around spring and I'm currently researching my options regarding a seat. I want to have everything ready to add to the cockpit before I actually place my order which will be from 4playracing.

Upvote 0
Sounds pretty professional.
Im actually also looking for a decent seat too. maybe around 300? and 500 for 4playracing.
I think thats pretty decent set up?

Do you, by any chance, know if i'd have to order shifter mounting plate and pedal mounting plate and wheelbase mounting plates separately from the cockpit itself? or do they all come with those accessories?

Upvote 0
Sounds pretty professional.
Im actually also looking for a decent seat too. maybe around 300? and 500 for 4playracing.
I think thats pretty decent set up?

Do you, by any chance, know if i'd have to order shifter mounting plate and pedal mounting plate and wheelbase mounting plates separately from the cockpit itself? or do they all come with those accessories?
Head over to their eBay Store and poke around for something that you think would be a good fit for your price range and send an email with what you like and your equipment and you're sure to bet a reply and advice if you ask for it. That's pretty much what I did. Got a mouse tray, keyboard mount and a shifter mount so far. Just gathering some stuff until I'm ready for the cockpit.

Upvote 0
Head over to their eBay Store and poke around for something that you think would be a good fit for your price range and send an email with what you like and your equipment and you're sure to bet a reply and advice if you ask for it. That's pretty much what I did. Got a mouse tray, keyboard mount and a shifter mount so far. Just gathering some stuff until I'm ready for the cockpit.

Thank you very much for your help. I think Im gonna go with 4playracing.
Seems like the best option for the price and rigidity. and hopefully future proof.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 208 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years