F1 2011 Co-op tyre selection

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
hi,

Me and my friend are playing in online co-op mode. But in practice or Qualfying we can not select the tyres that we want. Even we chose the tyre, computer automatically give you the fresher tyre. But sometimes you need to save your tyres for the race. However before the patch we can choose the tyres that we want.

Anyony who had the same problem and knows the solution. Thanks..

This is a know bug that appeared after the patch. It can be circumvented in some game modes, like GP mode or career mode where you select Flying lap instead of Drive out. in that case you get the tyres you choose. However, online mode or co-op mode you do not have the choice of Flying lap, and the game defaults to the next set of fresh tyres (drive out)

In short, the only thing you can do in co-op is run each compound of tyre ONCE ONLY during practice/quali.
Each time you drive out the pits, it will put a fresh set of whatever compound you have chosen, not the used tyre you selected.

So if you want to do a lot of testing during these sessions, once you have burnt all your tyres, you will have to Quit the session and restart as many times as you need until you are able to just use each compound just once, then sit out the clock to end the session.

I believe ending the session early gives weird AI times, so hopefully you are doing a short weekend :D

Thank you for your all nice answers. It is very disappointing for CM. I think it is very easy to correct with a little patch. Hope they can do better for F1 2012... I dont want to say but F1C from EASPORTS, was far away better and was a real simulation... Even we can not drive the car in pit lane... TO CM: F1 is not a baby game...

Wow that is ridiculous. These game's would be great if codemasters took a little pride in their work and did them properly. I was planning on getting 2012, but now im not so sure and going to wait a week or 2 and if it's another fail then I won't give them my money.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 69 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 137 13.8%