CMP Track Not Loading - Going to the track this weekend

Just purchased RF2, as I could only find reference to Carolina Motorsports Park for RF2. Not the other software platforms. I was hoping to get some Sim time in before going to the track this weekend for an HPDE. Learning the real track is much easier when I've run the track virtually first.

CMP is not available in Steam workshop, but I have downloaded two different .rar files. I couldn't find package files, just the actual .mas files, etc.

I put the uncompressed .rar files in :
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\CMP_2012\CMP

That appears to follow the folder format from all the other tracks in the Locations folder.

However, when I load RF2, the tracks are not in the track list.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Glenn

ifr4g1.png

Put the rfcmp file linked in the post above into the folder Packages within the rfactor directory.
Open up the rfactor launcher and select the icon with the box (I think that's the correct one) and choose the track from the list. Then click install.
You can now delete the file from the packages folder.

Thanks everyone for the help. With the correct file linked about, I was able to get the track to load with no problems. Now, I just need to find something closer to my E36 BMW performance wise. While an F1 car is fun, it's not exactly close to what I run in the real world :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%