C'mon AOC owners... Come out and share!

Hi,

I have a pretty decent setup (Simlab + Fanatec DD1), but my display is pretty bad and little (an old LG 25" 60Hz) and I think I need to upgrade to a better display.

So I was thinking to buy an AOC CU34G2/BK, but I didn't find too many reviews talking how is good/bad with simracing.
I am also tempted by Samsung G5, but I read that has a bad (at least worst than AOC) smearing, even if it has a smaller radius (I guess is better for cockpit setup), better gamut and better contrast (maybe not so important in simracing world).

What is your experience with that (those, in case you have a G5) display?

Thank you

• Deleted member 197115

1630711411247.png

Not sure what the difference is between the G2/BK and G2X but here is a review for the G2X.

Thank you. I've already seen that one, but it is about the G2X version that is 144Hz and costs a little more than the G2, but maybe it worth the investment.

I found also this very detailed comparison between AOC CU34G2X and Samsung G5. I think the AOC is a little better for simracing. So I am starting to think that an extra 80€ could be reasonable for a decent 144Hz.

The screen is where all the good stuff happens so it's worth doing your homework.

Unrelated i know, but i bought a Samsung monitor some years ago. It was great but developed a fault while within warranty. Customer service was unhelpful, when they agreed to replace my well looked after unit they sent out some old thing with a scratched screen and cracked bezel. After several long calls they replaced that with a screen with a couple of dead pixels at the bottom left of screen.

I gave up and kept it but i avoid anything Samsung now. I have three cheap bottom-of-the-barrel 24" AOC's, a couple of years old, never a problem.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back