CM Alternative Head Motion vs Real Head Motion app

Content Manager supports both; CM’s Alternative Head Motion tab (added with the dynamic lights mod enabled) have so many settings ... any consensus about which one (RHM vs CM AHM) and which variable settings most users prefer?

I never thought I'd give up RHM but so far I'm liking CM's more. In particular, having view yaw panning tied to proximity to apex, rather than steering wheel angle, feels so much more natural. With near-default CM settings, you immediately notice that the outside view jumps around a bit (compared to RHM where all movement is of the cockpit frame), but I'm adjusting to it and maybe it can even be tweaked out via the settings, I'm not sure.

Bottom line, if you haven't tried CM's, it's absolutely worth doing so.

I would love to have some advice what the settings in CM do, reg. neck feature. It is simply not understandable for me, seems I am too stupid. As in vanilla setting the settings are not satisfying enough for me, would like to have more head leaning like in reality.
See here:

I hear you. I'm quite interested in utilizing CM's alternative head options because of the obvious possibilities, but there are so many variables, it may take some time to sort them out.

As far as first impressions with CM's AMH, the immediate difference from RMH was the unique sensation of ALWAYS having my eyes (i.e., the cockpit camera view) pointing in the direction I SHOULD be going (i.e., the racing line). For instance, I might be starting down Hangar Straight, but if I'm off the racing line, my eyes are fixed those few degrees over to the side, urging me ever so slightly to the left, even if a fellow competitor is flanking that area. In some cases, AMH made it quite a bit easier to save a massive slide: as the saying goes, always keep looking where you want to go, not where you're headed. Conversely, the use of CM's AHM definitely seems to cast a very bright light on untidy, amateurish driving (e.g., having too much steering input from the driver for the curve or chicane. From that point of view, AMH is a fascinating Track Day instructional tool (at least with its default settings). I'll have to fling the 718 RS 60 around the 'Ring for a spate of laps to determine if it's "best-practice" for us single-monitor, non-VR/Track-IR drivers.

Last edited:
I hear you. I'm quite interested in utilizing CM's alternative head options because of the obvious possibilities, but there are so many variables, it may take some time to sort them out.

As far as first impressions with CM's AMH, the immediate difference from RMH was the unique sensation of ALWAYS having my eyes (i.e., the cockpit camera view) pointing in the direction I SHOULD be going (i.e., the racing line). For instance, I might be starting down Hangar Straight, but if I'm off the racing line, my eyes are fixed those few degrees over to the side, urging me ever so slightly to the left, even if a fellow competitor is flanking that area. In some cases, AMH made it quite a bit easier to save a massive slide: as the saying goes, always keep looking where you want to go, not where you're headed. Conversely, the use of CM's AHM definitely seems to cast a very bright light on untidy, amateurish driving (e.g., having too much steering input from the driver for the curve or chicane. From that point of view, AMH is a fascinating Track Day instructional tool (at least with its default settings). I'll have to fling the 718 RS 60 around the 'Ring for a spate of laps to determine if it's "best-practice" for us single-monitor, non-VR/Track-IR drivers.

Thus far all I've done is drop 'Effect gain' from the default (100%?) down to 15%, as the default was a bit intense for my liking. Aside from that I'm happy with the other default settings so far.

Maybe this is an old post, but I am kinda new in the simracing and I now start to find new ways to make the immersion better. Those are some of the best responses I found so far and I can't wait to try them tonight. Thanks a lot :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%