Clutchless shifting

In lot of race cars drivers use clutch only when downshifting. When I dissable autoclutch, gearbox makes strange noise and raise RPMs when shifting without clutch. But when I use autoclutch, then there is a blip when downshifting and heel&toe isn't so much fun. Is there any way to force Race 07 to don't blip on downshifts?

It's very bad that there are no options in race 07 for it. I like when in modern cars drivers do upshifts without clutch when on flat throttle and heel&toe for downshifts.

I tried lift throttle pedal a bit, but it's not what am looking for. And with autoclutch it's not fun anymore even though you can use clutch and even spin the car.

By the way, MoTec shows some throttle automation even with manual clutch.. It drops power for very short time during shifts. I think it is the game engine shifting then, not the simulated gear change as the pause is the same for every car. For ex F1 and Retro's show excactly same when the actual gear change time in game is very different. The drop is not felt in game in any way, revs don't drop at all during that pause, they change immediately after that. I has maybe something to do with the actual game engine, update pause or something.

I've just discovered that BMW WTCC 2008 I was driving has H pattern gearbox and other have SQ. So when I set manual clutch on other cars it behaved as autoclutch and there was still a blip. And you need clutch just for starts. It's ridiculous.

Race07 doesn't care what the clutch is setup at. You can still shift the car without the clutch with the exception of the start. This is the reason that it makes no real sense other than immersion to work on heel-toe shifting in Race07. Other games are different and you have to drive accordingly.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back