clutch

hi all,

I was curious if there are cars in the game that need manual clutch?
I have tried a few cars now but all of them have automatic clutch, even when I have turned it off in the options. Are there cars in the game that need manual clutch?

There's the E30 M3, Abarth 500, F40, Lotus Exige 240 + Scura, Evora S, 1M Coupe, E30 DTM etc. If you filter the cars by 'manual' it will only show the manual cars.

If you leave auto clutch off it should automatically bring the clutch into play on cars with 3 pedals in real life.

I'm no expert but I think it is kinda impossible to do that, since you can upshift without the clutch even in a real car - it's called rev mathcing (I think that's it).
In Assetto Corsa rev matching is really easy since you can put your H-Shifter directly in the desired gear and just wait for the revs to synchronize (if upshifting) or add a bit of gas (if downshifting). If the revs aren't synchronized, then you'll be left in neutral until you either step on the clutch or rev match.
There is a possibility that there are h-shifters on the market that simulate the natural behaviour of a real manual transmission car, but someone has to confirm this for me.

You can shift without a clutch but it has to be timed just right or it will grind or not go into gear, this is assuming the car is an H-pattern. Its really not worth the effort to me. I like using the clutch pedal personally, just one more piece of the driving experience to connect with the car.

I'm no expert but I think it is kinda impossible to do that, since you can upshift without the clutch even in a real car - it's called rev mathcing (I think that's it).
In Assetto Corsa rev matching is really easy since you can put your H-Shifter directly in the desired gear and just wait for the revs to synchronize (if upshifting) or add a bit of gas (if downshifting). If the revs aren't synchronized, then you'll be left in neutral until you either step on the clutch or rev match.
There is a possibility that there are h-shifters on the market that simulate the natural behaviour of a real manual transmission car, but someone has to confirm this for me.

I would love to have an h-shifter that could simulate the behavior of a real manual gear box. I've never seen one. Would probably take more than just the hardware to make it work properly but what a pleasure that would be. You just made my day Tjaz.:thumbsup:

I would love to have an h-shifter that could simulate the behavior of a real manual gear box. I've never seen one. Would probably take more than just the hardware to make it work properly but what a pleasure that would be. You just made my day Tjaz.:thumbsup:
It would be cool to have something that would stop the gear engaging. At the moment if you miss a gear you just have to tap the clutch again while leaving it in gear.

It's probably too niche though. We're pretty lucky to have the gear that's available considering it's not a huge market.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.8%