Clutch + shift up question

Recently got a G29 wheel for this game, been loving it. Question though - if I pick a car with a manual clutch, say the Abarth 500, all assists off. When I shift up (clutch fully depressed>no throttle>gear change) there is momentary tyre squeal on the shift and speed loss almost like I've kicked the brakes and locked the wheels for a split second. Why would that be? I understand it for down shifts if you lift off the clutch without throttle blip, but why would similar happen for up shifts and before I've even lifted the clutch??

I`ll check Abarth and will get back to you in a few ..

EDIT: Working fine on my rig .. changing before 6000, with drop to 4500 - 4700 RPM .. all nice and smooth .. with default setup

Last edited:
I never experienced what you describe either. As you say, the clutch disengages the power transfer to the wheels from the engine. Pressing the clutch would rather without throttle input take away engine braking. I feel AC is translating this theory correctly from what I feel in a real car.

Ok this is more annoying now - I've noticed with mechanical damage on I actually see the damage indicator pop up briefly to show I've locked up the tyres. Mind if you guys take a look at a video of it happening (if I can figure out how to upload it!)?

Are you running any additional equipment such as button box?
I had the same issue when I mapped some funtions to a box and once I checked to see damage (ctrl+q) also got head turn left and rear tyre lock up.
i bet this is somekind of mix up the system and younalso get handbrake funtion with clutch. Do an steam integrity check and update your logitech profiler...
My system was badly screwd up I had to fresh install everything from windows up...hope yours is better.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back