Clutch Problem -Raceroom

markg88

Premium
Hi
I am baffled. I am currently trying the KTM X-Bow but can't make a proper standing start with clutch. If I assign the clutch pedal to 'Clutch In' within controller profile, I can make standing starts, but the car is then undriveable because it doesn't select 2nd gear (for example) but does spin the revs up, as if I had depressed the clutch. The only way I can drive it (with regards to sequential gearchanges) is to have no clutch (so no movement of the slider within advance settings. This is ok for just driving the car to get used to it, but no good for a race start. Is there a setting I am missing? Is it a bug? Or do I have to do (very poor) race starts by slamming it into first when the lights change?
Thanks in advance

It's usually best to ask sim-specific questions on their own forum as you'll get more active players reading it. ;)

I haven't had any problems with the clutch in R3E myself. What settings are you using in the advanced screen? You can set sensitivity, upper/lower deadzones, and other things there. Also in the same screen, when you press your clutch down, how does the input bar at the top react?

I'll fire up R3E myself a bit later and see if they've perhaps introduced a bug in one of the recent patches.

Thanks Goffik. How do I get the post moved to the appropriate forum? I didn't realise, thanks.
Regarding the clutch input bar.. It only shows the clutch depressed if I select 'clutch in' within 'assignments' and depress the clutch. I then have a working clutch, but that's when the troubles start when driving, so I go back and delete that control profile and revert to default.

If you for some reason cant get your clutch to function properly or to your satisfaction then you could try to experiment with Xpadder.
I got Xpadder to work as pressing the clutch when I activated the gearUp/Dwn.
Its not the most intuitive to set up - but it can be possible:thumbsup:

Thanks Bruno, but, I use a wheel/pedals. First time I've heard of xpadder is your post but I assume it's relevant to a console controller? I don't need the clutch when driving as it's a sequential box and works fine with up and down changes. I think within game settings 'manual+autoclutch' is selected.

Regarding the clutch input bar.. It only shows the clutch depressed if I select 'clutch in' within 'assignments' and depress the clutch.
Yep, that's as it should be, but I was wondering if the bar shows a smooth, progressive input the further you press your pedal, or whether it's on/off or "jerky" in any way. Also, does the bar start rising as soon as you touch the clutch lightly, or is there a deadzone?

Thanks Goffik. How do I get the post moved to the appropriate forum? I didn't realise, thanks.
I don't have mod privs for this board, but will ask one of the other mods to move it. :thumbsup:

Yes, the bar does show a smooth progressive input. I have tried with no deadzone as well as a small deadzone.. no difference. I have also uninstalled Raceroom, deleted relevant folders, and re-installed, all to no avail.
I suspect it is something to do with the fact that the X-Bow has a h-pattern gearshift in the real world ( afaik) and the game doesn't like me using wheel paddles to shift gear if I have a clutch assignment. I don't have a shifter, just wheel and pedals.

I tried this myself earlier. Clutch set to 50 sensitivity, 5 lower deadzone, no upper deadzone. Auto-clutch enabled, sequential paddles for gear changes, KTM @ Imola in a race against the AI.

Put simply, I had no issues. Clutch in, selected gear, lights out and I got off the line just fine. Better start that the AI in fact, made a couple of places before T1.

The only other thing I can suggest to check is your TC settings. The GTR 4's all have TC, and it's set high by default. You can either go into the setup and lower it there, or assign buttons to TC adjust and lower or turn it off in the race. I had it turned off because the KTM really doesn't need it.

I really appreciate you doing that testing Goffik, thankyou. Very puzzling though. When you say auto-clutch enabled, do you mean the setting "manual+autoclutch" in gameplay I think it is?
As for the TC, I have that set very low, but I haven't disabled it completely. I will try it, but I'm not hopeful to be honest.
I also had 4 occasions where the game hungup on me so maybe there's a connection. These probs made me decide to bail out of the race this w/e, very frustrating.

When you say auto-clutch enabled, do you mean the setting "manual+autoclutch" in gameplay I think it is?
Yep, that's the one.

As for the TC, I have that set very low, but I haven't disabled it completely. I will try it, but I'm not hopeful to be honest.
I'll fire up again later and try with TC enabled, see if it makes a difference for me.

I also had 4 occasions where the game hungup on me so maybe there's a connection. These probs made me decide to bail out of the race this w/e, very frustrating.
That's a shame. Do you get any error messages when it hangs? Also, when racing online there are no false starts and absolutely no need to use the clutch to get a good start... it's all throttle. Obviously hangs could be a problem, but if the clutch issue is the deciding factor you don't have to worry about that for tonight's race.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 377 39.5%