Clutch in R3E

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Cedric Germain, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Cedric Germain

Cedric Germain
    Premium

Ratings:
    +80
    Hello guys,

Yesterday I tried some cars of the 1992 DTM and Touring classics cars classes before I buy them
    I selected the H box, mapped my buttons and let the option automatic clutch on "off"

But in game, there is no difference if I put my foot on the clutch or not, the gears are going up and down, as if I were playing with automatic clutch.

Why? Did I miss something in the options? I would like to drive with mandatory clutch like in reality, is it possible in the game?

2. Majuh

Majuh

Ratings:
    +117
    You are damaging your gearbox that way, but there is no damage during test drives.

3. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,268
    It's worth noting that racing cars typically feature dog gearboxes which don't require the normal throttle off => clutch in => shift gear => clutch out => throttle on style of shifting. Instead you kinda blip the clutch and slam it into gear asap.

4. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,687
    You can even downshift on many cars without using clutch, as long as you revmatch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cedric Germain

Cedric Germain
    Premium

Ratings:
    +80
    ok, I hoped that there is a sound when you missed the gear (like in Iracing or Dirt Rally).

6. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,268
    There is in the DTM 92. Mess up your shift and you'll hear a rather unhealthy sounding *crunch* as you shift. I know, because I hear it all the bloody time! :p

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. manc0ntr0

manc0ntr0

Ratings:
    +15
    I broke some gearboxes too hahaha

• Haha Haha x 1