ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 have high frequency whistling?!

SandroX

Reiza Studios
Hi guys,

Im woundering from who have ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 how normal that it have high frequency (~8-16kHz) whistling all the time?

Last edited:
Yeah, same horrible noise. Im very dissaponited in Fanatec, for me this is unacceptable.

Another big dissaponited in Fanatec was "quick" system. Yes you can quick install the wheel, but for take it off, need to put a lot of strength! I even hit myself with the wheel in the jaw because wheel is suddenly came off...

Upvote 0
That will be coil whine. Google it and you'll find it's not terribly uncommon with graphics cards too. It's basically a vibration noise coming from particular components. It doesn't indicate a failing component it's just annoying.

Upvote 0
That will be coil whine. Google it and you'll find it's not terribly uncommon with graphics cards too. It's basically a vibration noise coming from particular components. It doesn't indicate a failing component it's just annoying.
It's sounds like coil whine. But coil whine on video card happens only under load. On base it's all the time. :(

Upvote 0
It's sounds like coil whine. But coil whine on video card happens only under load. On base it's all the time. :(

I had this wheelbase (2.5) in the past and it made the same noise. But not all the time. A few minutes in it would start making the squeal. If I turned it off and on it would go away for a bit, but returned after a short time. Coil whine generally changes pitch as it goes on.

If it's not coil whine it could be coming from the fan bearing possibly.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.7%
  • < 5 years