Clubsport V3i pedal noise

I installed a new set of fanatec clubsport v3i pedals yesterday with the brake performance kit, when i squeeze the brake pedal i hear what can only be described as a squirting/crunchy noise which i think is coming from the damper, is this normal?

I got mine a while ago and have the exact same issue.
Its almost like hydraulic brakes on a bicycle that needs bled.
I've been pumping the brake pedal a few times beforehand and this helps a bit, but I will be looking a permanent fix.
I did Google this issue but nothing came up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yea I've trawled the internet too but didn't find anything, if that's how they're supposed to be then fine i can drown out the noise with the headphones but if there's an underlying problem I'd prefer to get support from Fanatec sooner than later :-S

Upvote 0
Just checking that you did adjust the dial on the brake pedal to an in-use value and not the locked down setting needed to remove the pedal and fit the performance kit?

Upvote 0
Is it the elastomers in the Brake Performance Kit that is making the noise, or the additional oil damper?

I have fitted the BPK (with the lithium grease) and heard no noise from my brake pedal. The damper should be arriving in the post tomorrow so I can let you know if that makes a difference once I have fitted it.

Upvote 0
Its the damper and it sounds like air bubbles inside when you press the pedal.
I don't have the bpk. But maybe a little grease on the damper might help

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After i installed the bpk i adjusted the barrel to the in use range and even tried a few different settings with the range but made no difference, also i applied a good dose of the lithium grease to the bpk during installation

Upvote 0
Doing a quick search on the interwebz:

"The brake pedal becomes even better after some use when you get the air bubbles out of the oil cylinder in the damper. After a few weeks of use, re-fill the oil cylinder and the pedals come to life."
---
"My damper is kind of messed up. I seems to have an air bubble in it. I used to do radio control cars and the damper is just an over sized RC shock and mine feel like one that has lost some of the oil. One of these days i will open it up and see what is what and maybe replace the oil and bleed it and see what it feels like then."

It does sound like air in the damper. I hope it is serviceable :unsure:

Upvote 0
I thought that it would be a quick easy job but I've no idea how to top the fluid up.
I can't find a guide anywhere, am I missing something simple?
Probably its dinner time.

Upvote 0
Thought I do an update.
I got some info on the fanatec owners group on fb.

Tighten the grub screw (red arrow) then turn the adjuster to unscrew the complete brass end (blue arrow) careful when undoing the end as it has a spring inside.
When filling make sure get all the air bubbles out and slightly overfill it so it overflows when you put the cap back on.
FB_IMG_1602929314902.jpg

If this is how its done there must be something wrong with mine
It won't move at all. More chance of damaging the damper than anything.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing