Hey guy i bought me a Clubsport v2.5 coming from Thrustmaster ts-pc, im mainly a Drifter but racer too and i tought i could get more out with a csw 2.5 in matters detailed and realistic feeling, but for now im very disappointed, i tryed every possible variant with the settings and couldnt find out the right one to fix the problem. The thing is that it performs very unrealistic and weird, when im driving slow everything feels good,when im turning the wheel it feels like in a real car but when im a little at speed the wheel centers itself by turning it, when im entry the drift it selfsteers very nervous and with oscillations, i could reduce the oscillations with puting it to -3 drift but than the wheel goes very very damped heavy and slow.
I downloaded now Fanalab their is more options to set like dynamic ffb but i couldnt fix it till now, does anybody maybe have a fanalab Profile, or is it just the csw v2.5 and i cant do anything.

my firmware and drivers:

Attachments

• Gamecontroller 19.11.2019 18_35_38.png
    Gamecontroller 19.11.2019 18_35_38.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
The gyro effect can help you stopping the oscillations by adding a little bit of damping. Worked for me but i'm not a drifter, you can set a very small amount of damping instead of using the wheel tuning menu.

Check those lines (exemple is set with 20% damper gain and minimum damper level):

Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.2
DAMPER_GAIN=0.2

Or if you are using Content Manager, look in Settings > Assetto Corsa > Controls > Force Feedback

gyro.PNG

Last edited:
I get the exact same issues with my clubsport v2.5
With the Thrustmaster drifting is out of the box, you get no oscillation or weird snap oversteer, with csw drifting is nearly impossible.
What wheel is attached to your base? Thats not really important but this "issue" is amplified if using the same wheel as in the video at the top of this topic. Using a heavier wheel or a universal hub with a real wheel helps this a ton.

Honestly, you just have to deal with it. Its not as bad as you think once you practice for a few hours. You just need the right settings and learn that you cannot take your hands off the wheel like you can with thrustmaster and whatnot. You need to use your hands as the damper so to speak.

I could probably help a bit more if you tell me all your settings.

SEN 880°
FF 100%
Dri -2
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR Off
OPR 20%
BLI OFF
SHO OFF

these are my Settings with Xbox Hub and Nardi wheel on the CSW V2.5 i have very low oscilations and can drift very good with these settings.

SEN 880°
FF 100%
Dri -2
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR Off
OPR 20%
BLI OFF
SHO OFF

these are my Settings with Xbox Hub and Nardi wheel on the CSW V2.5 i have very low oscilations and can drift very good with these settings.
Do you still have -5 for drift mode? Thats what I have used for a while and since this last update they pushed I only have up to -3 and its really messed up my drifting.. Im almost used to it but lol I want my -5 back...!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%