ClubSport V2.5 Firmware problems

Hi Everyone!
I just bought this week the Clubsport Wheel Base v2.5.
As soon as I installed the drivers, I was prompt to install a new firmware.
After finishing the process of installing the new firmware, and re-centering the wheel. I get the same initial warning sign saying: "your ClubSport wheel base v2.5 motor firmware is not the latest one! Please update now!"
I have updated the base several times with the same results. I uninstalled, cleaned up the registry, and reinstalled the drivers few times (v273 x64). I run the update executable as administrator. And I did disconnect all the usb devices except keyboard and mouse while updating the firmware.
All the trials that i did, it came to the exact same result.
Even stranger is when I start the wheel its shows the number 245 and then --- (3 lines). I believe that the numbers in blank is that there is no firmware installed on the base right now?
I try to run some games with it, but after a minute or two of playing. The force feedback stops and the fans start blowing full speed.
Any ideas or suggestions on what to do?

Well fiddling around with the settings of the wheel and in game, I managed to run for long time without issues. The catch is that I have to set "ff" below 90 and "for" below 70 and spring and dampen off.
If I go over those values the cooling fan goes crazy and I run out of feedback after a lap or two in any game.
On the other hand I still having firmware issues according to the drivers. I'll try to post an image later

Upvote 0
It sounds like the firmware is bricked on your unit. It doesn't show the current firmware and you can't update it. This may also lead to the other problems you're getting with the FFB settings. Contact Fanatec support I imagine you'll need a replacement.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Jeremy.
In fact Fanatec support contacted me last night (are those guys working on a Saturday night?!) and send me a beta version of their next drivers. I updated the firmware with that beta, and all was working perfectly fine. It felt like a proper new wheel.
So in case someone has drivers/firmware issues with the new v2.5 I would recommend to get in contact with fanatec support for those drivers.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back