Clubsport 2.5 vs TS-PC racer

Could you please advise me on whether I should buy the fanatec 2.5 or the TS-PC racer. I believe the 2.5 is the best belt wheel available, but TS-PC racer comes quite close. If that is the case, then pricing is also interesting. As the TS-PC racer with Ferrari rim now comes at about EUR 480, while the clubsport 2.5 comes at EUR 550 without a rim, which adds another EUR 200 at least. If you believe the TS-PC racer is close in terms of quality than it may very well be an interesting option. Please note that I am upgrading from a G29 and will purchase new pedals as well. Either the T-LCM or Fanatec V3's. Again here Thrusmaster's price is signifcantly lower, but perhaps quality is also somewhat less?
Thanks in advance for your help/guidance!

I've not owned the Fanatec hardware but before going to direct drive I had a TS-PC and I still use the T-LCM.
With the pedals I think the Fanatec's have a more robust construction however I've had no issues with the T-LCM and I think they probably represent better value for money, especially considering the T-LCM set use hall effect senors.

For the wheel I think the Fanatec again has a little bit more power and is regarded as the best belt drive. That said the TS-PC was strong and smooth in my experience and both will be a big step from a G29.
What I would say though is choice of rims down the line may be a factor. Fanatec's more recent software locks you into needing to use a fanatec rim, or a PCB to fool it, to enable the FFB. This mean if you find a nice non fanatec wheel and button box you'd like to use that a fanatec quick release with an emulator, ~£130. or you'd have to use the official fanatec podium hub ~£150.
The thrustmaster has no such limitations. It does need a thrustamster quick release but there are ~£25 3d printed or ~£35-40 in metal.

Ultimately I think the Fantec does have a small edge on performance but the Thrustmaster represents better value. Especially if you want to do DIY wheel or extra wheels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was exactly in your position a few months ago, and considered both those wheels to replace my T300. The TS-PC racer seems a very good wheel and is less expensive, with the possibility to get the open wheel down the line in addition to the Ferrari rim. That seemed like a very nice package, very complete. I was about to buy it when I thought a little more long term: we always want more, so sooner or later we will want to upgrade... Then I thought it would either be DIY on the TS-PC racer (like custom quick release to get other wheels) or buy again a complete package. I'm not really into DIY myself, and I feel like I would be in the same position 4 years from now: what complete package do I buy now?

That's when I started considering the CSW 2.5: yes, the base itself is already more expensive, and you need a wheel! I bought a cheap second hand P1 rim (100€) and was ready to go. Next upgrade will be a better rim (it can easily be more expensive than the base itself!). Then if I ever want to go the DD route I could keep that nicer rim... I'm still not sure what route I will follow but I'm really happy so far with the 2.5: the P1 rim is still plastic and feels toyish like the T300 but the base is nothing like that! It's full metal, feels rock solid, and just when you start it! The lights glowing slowly around the start button, the smoothness when it calibrates! Nothing to do with the brutal jerknesses of the T300 going back and forth, hitting hard each end! The ffb is excellent, no wonder why it is considered as the best belt driven wheel. I'm very happy with my purchase. I still want a better rim (next year maybe?) but I'm enjoying so much compare to the T300 (on a side note, I was very happy for the 4 years I used it, it is a very good starter wheel but it is now nice to have something better now).

Now you would need someone who drove with both wheels, I can't directly compare. Hopefully someone how drove with both wheel will post about the difference in ffb, but also in the construction. The TS-PC racer having a plastic case, how does it compare to the full metal CWS 2.5?

I've put the pedals aside: I kept the Fanatec CSL Elite with LC I had before, very happy about them. I see you consider the v3s: if you take the T-LCM or the CSL, the price difference with the v3 is probably close to the difference between the TS-PC racer and the 2.5?

Hope this help, good luck with your purchase! I guess you'll be happy with any of those two wheels!

Upvote 0
With fanatec your buying into an ecosystem, if you've been racing for a while and plan to race for a long time in the future then it makes more sense buying fanatec because everything is compatible with everything else. You can buy a wheel now and it will work with the next piece of fanatec hardware you buy. If you ever did move onto the fanatec DD wheel down the road you could probably use the wheel you have rather than having to buy everything all over again. They can also be helpful if your running low on USBs because you can plug all their stuff into the wheel base.

I have the 2.5 and I'm very happy with it. I just can't really compare it to anything. I can't feel the mechanics of the wheel when I use it (as in cogs), it feels very natural.

Upvote 0
I went from the Fanatec porsche GT2 belt drive wheel to the CSW 2.5 and hell what a difference. The GT2 wheel was good and much better than the g27/29 my friend's had. The csw2.5 is another level of torque! When you turn it on it glides through the self test with no noise and then you run the FFB test and boom it can shake the rig! get a CSW2.5 you will never regret it!

Upvote 0
@LMracer , @asteroulis , @Michael Krone @Brushwood69 @Turk @cr4wl3r0 @alexSchmurtz Everyone, thanks a lot for your elaborate replies! What a community we have here! I bought the clubsport 2.5 with a WRC wheel and a desk clamp this morning. In addition, I bought the T-LCM pedals. Looking forward to the mail in the upcoming days (I wonder how long it will take for Fanatec to process all the BF sales).

Upvote 0
Sorry for the late input here.

Good move. Ill tell you that much.

I have the TSPC racer, and the TLCM pedals. The pedals are awesome. One thing you should keep in mind is the rigidity. TLCM pedals really, REALLY like being stable. And it will benefit you GREATLY if you have them completely immobilized to utilize all that sweet 100kg of load cell pressure.

It felt good using the TLCMs, but it feels AMAZING using them on a full blown rig/immovable wheelstand. (not sure what surface youll be using them on)

When you get that step, you should look into some brake mods. They do really help with consistency.

The TSPC racer is not much of a thrill.
Id take that clubsport any day over MY TSPC.

Only bad side with it, youre kinda tied to fanatec, but thats also not that big of an issue. You can sell the clubsport stuff/wheels if you need to. Simgear is always high in demand.

Upvote 0
Got both TS PC all day. My preference the Fanatec was not as strong and smooth as the TS PC. Truthfully it’s mostly the hype bla bla of “my one I bought is better“fiasco. Both wheel bases are practically the same. Thrustmaster seems to have better support in the games out at the moment.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back