rF2 CLUB VSC2 @ Sebring - Mon 27th Oct

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I had fun too.
I havent done much at all in the ISI Corvette so gave it a go.
Was back row on the grid but incidents and pit stops allowed me to climb to P3.
the Fuel was so marginal that when I had used 50% at 50% time it meant no fuel for an extra lap if David or Freddy started one.
So at 25 litres I went into fuel save mode for 5 laps.I was short shifting like mad all the while checking the gap to Jason. The lap time was only down 1 sec.
Then again the final lap.
I crossed the line with 1 litre showing and ran out doing a donut.
First laps in practice to race I found 3 seconds and race laps were on the whole +2 sec from David and Freddy. so I was happy

My setup and driving meant I was over heating the fronts big time! They were on 30 % with 20 mins left also fuel was looking marginal. David was 5 secs behind so I decided to pit for new fronts (rears were on 90% so didn't change) and another few ltrs .
I came out about 45 seconds behind david. The car felt good so banged in some hot laps thinking if I can run 2 or 3 seconds a lap quicker it may be close by the end but wasn't closing the gap enough to make in roads, david was about 30 seconds ahead by the chequered flag and fronts were on 50% again ha ha. Need to work on a setup for Wednesdays night race to look after the fronts.

Was good fun tho.

My setup and driving meant I was over heating the fronts big time! They were on 30 % with 20 mins left also fuel was looking marginal. David was 5 secs behind so I decided to pit for new fronts (rears were on 90% so didn't change) and another few ltrs .
I came out about 45 seconds behind david. The car felt good so banged in some hot laps thinking if I can run 2 or 3 seconds a lap quicker it may be close by the end but wasn't closing the gap enough to make in roads, david was about 30 seconds ahead by the chequered flag and fronts were on 50% again ha ha. Need to work on a setup for Wednesdays night race to look after the fronts.

Was good fun tho.
I hope no one gave you bad info about the sprint tyre:whistling:
Only kidding when I tested they were the same.
I might give a URD a go next.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years