Club Sport v3 Throttle Pedal Free Play/Wobble – Is This Normal?

Just upgraded from T3PA to Club Sport v3 pedals and found that there’s a lot of free play (1-2mm) in the throttle pedal when depressed. This has been causing a lot of frustration when it wobbles around as I adjust throttle mid corner. Even my cheapo T3PAs didn’t have that much free play. I should note that it only occurs when the pedal is depressed, not in its neutral position. Is this normal for Club Sport Pedals? I attached a video below on Google Drive. I’d appreciate it if anyone with Club Sport Pedals could watch it (it can be streamed or downloaded) and tell me if this is normal or not. I have already contacted Fanatec, but they haven’t gotten back to me yet. And I'd like some regular user feedback too. Thanks.

Google Drive Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Yd9km1E0U0cF6aI_qxioc9SAFkL4-fpa

Thank you for the suggestion. I just checked the red side bolts, and they are extremely tight. The play seems to be coming from the brass bearings that connect the throttle pedal to the main shaft.

Upvote 0
If you look at the brass bushings are they tight left and right, maybe just need to be pressed in further. I just got V3s myself but didn't notice that at all

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate the feedback. It seemed too loose to be normal, hopefully Fanatec will get back to me today.

Got the performance brake kit and damper kit the same time I got the pedals. Already installed the damper kit and enjoyed it a lot. Huge difference compared to my modded T3PAs. I also got the rumble working with Fanaleds, so besides the throttle wobble the other pedals feels extremely realistic.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure there was a little bit of play around the brass with my old V3's. I can't be certain but I almost am. I remember feeling it twitch a little when full throttle and you are repositioning your feet on the pedal.

Hope I'm not giving false info as I haven't had them for nearly a year now but there was definitely something I remember about them that sounded similar. Also, make sure you check the little black allen bolts that hold the electronics. I had intermittent signal issues for a while before I realised my bass shakers were working the bolts slightly loose, affecting the connection.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure there was a little bit of play around the brass with my old V3's. I can't be certain but I almost am. I remember feeling it twitch a little when full throttle and you are repositioning your feet on the pedal.

Hope I'm not giving false info as I haven't had them for nearly a year now but there was definitely something I remember about them that sounded similar. Also, make sure you check the little black allen bolts that hold the electronics. I had intermittent signal issues for a while before I realised my bass shakers were working the bolts slightly loose, affecting the connection.

Thank you for the info. The twitch on reposition is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. Do you mind if I ask what pedals you have now?

Heard back from Fanatec today. They sent me video of 3 different pedals at their office exhibiting similar behavior. I'm inclined to think it's atleast somewhat typical. Not sure at this point whether or not I'm going to refund. The clutch and brake are amazing, but not sure I can get over the free play in throttle.

I took a close look and it appears to be caused partially, as you said, by a gap between the brass bushing and the slot in the pedal that the bushing sits in. I believe they should have used an o-ring or compression ring somewhere to alleviate these tolerances in machining. There is also a slight gap in bushing-to-shaft, but most of the play seems to be coming from the pedal.

Really not sure what to do. They're definitely a step up from my T3PAs, and feel much closer to reality. I find myself making the same kind of timing errors I do in a real car. It's just disappointing to still find quirks at this price range. I'm not sure I can spend much more, and what pedals on the market are guaranteed not to have this issue.

Upvote 0
I use HE Pro's now. I didn't get rid of the V3's for that or any other reason other than I just wanted better hardware. I got used to it and I think Fanatec will agree that it's within tolerance. Different people will either agree it's an issue or barely notice it. I noticed but didn't think much of it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing