Club Sport Shifter Extension cable?

Hello everybody!

I am going to upgrade my rig with a CSS SQ Shifter...
Now that i´ve waited for so long and still have to wait to get it shipped finally I had the time to build me a wooden rig.
The consequence is now that the shifter will be farther away from my GT2 RS wheel.
The cables delivered with the shifter are only 30 cm long, as review say.
I am asking now fanatec if they have a longer RJ12 - PS2 cable, cause in their shop they don´t offer such a cable (only PS2 - PS2).

IF they don´t have it, what to do then?
Is a normal PS2 extension cable applicable? Anybody had the same problem and solved it?

Thank you very much!

kind regards
Christoph

Hi! Cool thank you @Mark Reynolds !
So you maybe know also how long the cable is that comes with the shifter? :geek:
The distance from my wheel to the shifter will not be very long but if the cable is really as short as all people say than i could be just a few inches too short :thumbsdown:

But would help me very much to know if a normal PS2 extension works ´cause then i would buy me one now so i can use the shifter right away when it comes...finally!
I am waiting so hard!! ´cause i like the H-Shifter cars :laugh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
mmh, i don´t know but i am fairly surprised by fanatec support regarding this issue. I was always used to waiting several days to get an answer via Email! This time they answered on the first question in 2 hours and deleted the table clamp i had in my order and exchanged it with the (Ps2-Ps2:) cable. Next days i wrote, at around 16 pm, about the wrong cable and next day in the morning i already got the answer that they will send me the right cable (RJ11-PS2) to the same price :thumbsup: So i am quite happy now :D Let´s hope that really the right cable will be sent and let´s hope that they are not that friendly because they already know the shifter will be delayed again :cautious:
NO, let´s be positive :whistling:

Still, i am afraid to get the wrong cable and therefore the informtion from @Mark Reynolds would be of interest for me!

Upvote 0
Right I have taken a look at my gear here in an effort to answer the theory but it seems the equipment I have here connects in a completely different fashion into the CS Base, I just have an RJ connection each end of my shifter cable, doesn't seem any way I can even test it for you even if I did find my PS2 cable :(

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing